Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > Current Memories Forum
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
Marty Baicker

Looking for Wel-Met Memorabilia!

Are you still holding onto old Wel-Met stuff?

I am looking for anything W/M related that you'd be willing to share with me for a few months. I'm looking for pictures from all locations and divisions- from the 30's, 40s, 50s, 60s and 70s- preferably with dates but that's not essential. Does anyone have a picture of the old "Pebble Park" from Barryville or Herman's in Yulan? Do you have copies of letters or postcards that you sent home as a camper? old western trip schedules? Were you on the only W/M European trip and have some pictures? Do you have a bunk schedule (remember program planning?), a "work wheel", camper lists, staff lists, your end of summer camper evaluation, canteen lists, your card from the Infirmary, scripts of camp plays or from Friday Night Cultural Arts Programs or Forum, or a W/M songbook? Do you have an old "Mess Kit", W/M pencils, banner or anything "official" written on W/M stationery? Do have one of those rare engraved W/M ashtrays? I'm looking for everything and anything Wel-Met. Nothing is too insignificant. If you've got it, I want to borrow it for a few months.

If you have something you are willing to share, please e-mail me at MHMCMWB@aol.com. I promise 2 things-1)I will reimburse you the cost of sending it to me and, 2) I will return it to you in several months in the condition in which it was received.

Thanks.

Marty Baicker
Marty Baicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
Cbmaslow

I recently had dinner with friends from junior high school and earlier. One had actually saved the letters we'd all written each other as kids, including ones I'd sent from Wel-met. It was mind-blowing to me, seeing myself as a 12 year old, but may be painfully boring to you.

Would you be interested? Will you accept photocopies?

I also have the history of Wel-met that I got at the silent auction at the reunion in NYC a couple of years ago. Are you interested in that?
Cbmaslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:23 AM   #3
Marty Baicker

your wel-met stuff

Thanks for your interest! Photocopies of the letters would be great. I already have the history of wel-met document. Please e-mail me at mhmcmwb@aol.com and I'll give you the mailing address. Thanks again! Marty
Old 02-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
jmfeld22

Marty

I just send you an e-mail with a copy of our end of Western Trip news letter.

Jay Feld
jmfeld22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #5
ArtBefartnickle

I still have a rash from unit 5 bathroom, does that count?
ArtBefartnickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #6
ArtBefartnickle

Rey the guys from the Barn, they had everything shipped to them left at the end of every year!
ArtBefartnickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #7
MitchEDELSTEIN

We only shipped home the good stuff

Hey Marty,

I'll put together a package of some historic memorabilia. Don't hold your breath on the ashtrays. No one is gonna lend one of those. Too rare.

Mitch - Central Supply Barn 1968-1973
MitchEDELSTEIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:13 AM   #8
Marty Baicker

Hi Mitch-

Thanks so much for your interest. I'll take anything you want to send. Please e-mail me at mhmcmwb@aol.com for my address.

Marty Baicker
Old 02-25-2009, 10:16 PM   #9
aturin

Marty:

I have a sealed package of parking passes from 1975. We never distributed them and I carried them around the world once or twice. Also, the universal joint and a small piece of drive shaft from the 1954 Chevrolet pick-up that served Silver Lake until my driving took it out of commission in 1974. In addition, I have pdf versions of several camper lists and a newsletter or two. And the piece de resistance - a complete set of AA keys (copies, not the originals) along with two official boat hooks. I can't part with the brass one but you are welcom to the stainless steel one. I"ll email you directly.
aturin is offline   Reply With Quote