Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > Current Memories Forum
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2005, 03:09 PM   #1
Barbara

Narrowsburg staff 1963-1966

Looking for Admin staff from the sixties: Arnie Haiman, where are you? Barbara the office manager here (how was I a manager of 10 unit clerks when I was 19???)
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 10:46 AM   #2
BennyWax

Smile

Last seen at the Silver Lake re-union in the mid 90s, Arnie was sporting dress whites as a JAG officer in the navy. He was with with Kenny Kaufman and Steve Suntag.
Hope life is treating you great.

benny wax
BennyWax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 09:56 AM   #3
Barbara

Hey, Benny,
Yes, life is great, wishing the same to you.

I'm still debating attending as yours is the only response. Do you know of any others from my years--other postings seem to be much later (i.e., younger!).

thnks.
Barbara
Old 06-16-2005, 08:40 PM   #4
ruthzachary

Narrowsburg 66 and 67

Hi, I was a counselor in Unit 4 in 1966 and then TAC counselor in 1967. Two of the best 4 summers of my life (the other 2 were 1960 and 1961, when I was a camper at Narrowsburg). Best wishes to all.
ruthzachary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:35 PM   #5
Sharon Pockler Bogar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyWax View Post
Last seen at the Silver Lake re-union in the mid 90s, Arnie was sporting dress whites as a JAG officer in the navy. He was with with Kenny Kaufman and Steve Suntag.
Hope life is treating you great.

benny wax
Hey Benny,
It's Sharon and Stu Bogard - just found thisk site and it is filled with amazing memories. We're just about to become grandparents and our kids met at camp, too.
talk to you soon,
sharon
Sharon Pockler Bogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
Sharon Pockler Bogar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
Looking for Admin staff from the sixties: Arnie Haiman, where are you? Barbara the office manager here (how was I a manager of 10 unit clerks when I was 19???)
Are you Barbara Langer? I worked in the Central Office under Bertha Dubow and Ralph Kreiss.

sharon pockler bogard
Sharon Pockler Bogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #7
arnie haiman

this is Arnie

What a thrill to come across these messages! I hung up my Navy uniform years ago, Benny. Stu and Sharon, it was my cousin Ellen who told me about this website; do you remember her? I last saw you a long time ago when I was in NY visiting relatives, nice to know you're enjoying life.

Barbara, you were able to successfully supervise at an early age because you knew what you were doing and were always nice about it! What are you doing now?

Like many of you I suppose, I visited camp long after it had ceased being Wel-Met. Brought back so many memories.

All the best, Arnie
arnie haiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #8
Barbara

Barbara here

Yes, Sharon, I am Barbara Langer, now Levitt (although divorced over 10 years, never took back my maiden name because I didn't want to leave my children out there with a different name). We met in a supermarket in Suffolk County when I still lived there--do you remember that? I spoke to Judy Surks Steinberg recently--she married Dick Steinberg's brother. (She was my roommate my first summer)

Arnie,
My "career " evolved into Human Resources Administration, which was my favorite part of what I was doing at Wel-Met. I'm currently working for an airline, and hope they stay in business long enough for me to continue travelling around the world.

I have finally found my perfect match; he also loves to travel and scrounge around antique shops and tag sales. And he dances! Remember PineBrook? My daughter is here in New York, and recently blessed me with a grandson, and my son lives in Cambridge.

What are you doing, now that you are a civilian? If you know how to communicate privately, let me know and I'll share my email address.

Till next time,
Barbara
Old 03-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #9
arnie haiman

Barbara - terrific! my email address is ahaiman@usaid.gov

I am also a grandparent, and my wife and I are lucky that our kids live nearby. My direct line at work is 202 712 1147. I do some overseas travel as part of my job, and recently returned from Afghanistan.

Sounds as if life has been good to you overall, although I imagine the divorce was no picnic.

Hope to hear from you again soon. Arnie
arnie haiman is offline   Reply With Quote