Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > The Sunday Forum
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
WelMetLover

Wink WT 2-68 Reunion?????????

I only recently came upon the Wel-Met website.
Next summer will be the 40th Anniversary of the Western Trip - 68.
I now live in Colorado, in large part to some of my teenage memories of WT 2 but I do get back East at least once a year.
I'll be back this 12/22-1/2 and would love to get a group of Wel-Metters together.
So if you were either in Narrowsburg from 63-66, Silver Lake Pioneers in 67 or WT 2 in 68 I'd love to hear from you.
Oh by the way, this is Cheryl Levitt

Last edited by WelMetLover; 08-31-2007 at 12:01 PM.
WelMetLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:42 PM   #2
jerryfan

Send a message via Yahoo to jerryfan
was at silver lake in 67

i was a counselor at silver lake in 67 only. had other committments and so could not return the following year. was a wonderful experience. i had everyone sign a tee shirt which has never been worn since.
Jerry Brucker
jerryfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:50 PM   #3
WelMetLover

Dear Jerry,
Great hearing from you.
If I remember correctly my counselor in silver Lake was Beth.
I remember a lot of the boys.
Danny Fishkin, Danny Radar, Mitch Pocraster, Steve Horowitz, Barry Silverman. i know that I if I had a photo in front of me I'd probably remember more.
You might remember Billie Weltman. To this day we are best friends and I have recently heard from Sharon Feder and we'll be getting together in Dec while I'm in NY. Do you keep in contact with anyone from 1967? Where are you?
I still think it would be great to get a reunion together but I don't think that will be happening.
Cheryl
Old 12-23-2007, 07:13 PM   #4
janetcohen

Hi Cheryl,
Things have been very busy and I haven't been on in a while so I just saw your post--guess it's a little late to contribute to planning a reunion. How are you? What are you doing in Colorado? Did you end up getting anyone together for this week? Did you hear from anyone else?
Janet (Cohen) Hurwitz
janetcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:18 PM   #5
WelMetLover

Smile WelMetLover

Janet,
It's been a long time since I logged in myself. Somehow I thought that I would receive any responses to my personal email address.
Anyway, nothing happened this summer as far a a reunion goes.
I don't know if you knew Billie Weltman but we have been bestfriends since Unit 2 when we were 10 years old. When I was in NY last Dec. we got together with Sharon Fedder from our Western Trip. It was fun to catch up. I am also still very close to Nancy Garfinkel, also from our trip. And, I've exchanged a few emails this past year with Sid Dinerstein our trip leader. I left NY in 84. Spent 4 years in NM and then came to CO in 88. I've been married, divorced and though I didn't have kids of my own I have 3 step children that I raised since they were very young. My step daughter still lives with me.
I'm at work and have to go but I'd love to find out more about what is going on with.
Cheryl

Last edited by WelMetLover; 07-29-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:26 PM   #6
WelMetLover

Janet,
You can also write to me at cherylbeals@msn.com