Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > Current Memories Forum
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2004, 07:57 PM   #31
dglauber

Smile 2005 Reunion

What a great piece of news just as a new year is beginning. The prospect of spending 3 days back at Narrowsburg after so many years. I can imagine having almost continuous deja vus and flashbacks to so many crucial and amazing memories. Will there be a limit to how many of us can attend? And, will there be any effort to organize eras or generations of folks to reunite? As well as ways to build bridges to Wel-meters from other generations whom we share much with, but will only be meeting for the first time. So many possibilities. Socials with the music of that time, a middle aged softball game, schmooz, hikes around the lake and off course singing around a campfire accompanied by some of our guitar playing troubadours(Who were the campers, counselors and administrators who you remember playing for us so beautifully?)....

I would be especially interested in having a forum for those interested in trying to extract the essential ingredients that were the magical, accidental gifts that so many of us received from our years at this special place that influenced the journeys that ensued for each of us.

What ideas and fantasies would be you have for a large woodstock-esque welmet reunion?

This will be my first reunion to attend, so excuse my unbridled enthusiasm and flights of creative fantasy of what might be possible. I will refrain for now from listing the hundreds of names of old friends and comrades I would hope to run into there. In truth, whether we ever went to camp together before or not, I would like to meet all ex-welmeters who yearn to re-kindle some aspect of the flame of what we knew during those summers. Not too many people get the opportunity to explore early layers of our selfhood like this offers us, especially on the sacred grounds themselves. Thanks so much, Mike.

Later,

Don Glauber
dglauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:21 AM   #32
neil peewee kaplan

Send a message via Yahoo to neil peewee kaplan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberta Grubman View Post
Ahhh, the Academy. Sigh, too long ago.

We were class of '74. Stew Grubman was there too, along with Susan Jacobs, both Barryville folks. Heh, was Jay Gottlieb at Wel-Met? I don't remember him at camp, just school.
(and at the park of course!)
jay was @barryville72-74 i was there 68-74 neil (peewee)kaplan

neil peewee kaplan is offline   Reply With Quote