Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > Current Memories Forum
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2007, 10:08 PM   #1
bruceshapiro

Send a message via AIM to bruceshapiro
1972 Western trip

Does anyone remember being on the Western Trip in 1972 that went to Circus Circus in Las Vegas. Our drivers name was Leroy Poe.
Bruce Shapiro
brsvideo@aol.com
bruceshapiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:08 PM   #2
Marty Baicker

western trip #4 1972

Hi Bruce- I was on that trip. I remember it well. We did go to Las Vegas and the bus broke down at Mesa Verde, I think. Irwin Zaretsky was the trip Director and Leroy was the bus driver. I'm still in touch with a few guys from the trip- Todd Siegel, Dave Rosenzweig and Chuck Seid. Marty Baicker
Marty Baicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:55 AM   #3
bruceshapiro

Hello Marty
Yes we broke down in Mesa Verde, and then again in downtown St. Louis, where if you remember we had a rather unpleasant experience. Hope all is well with you, and it's good to reconnect with people from that trip. I have about 300 slides, from the trip, and sooner or later ill get around to putting them on a disk.
My work has extensive travel, and I have been through or to many of the same places we went to back in 72. As of now I am living on Long Island. How about you and your family? Please send anyone you talk to my best regards
Bruce Shapiro
Old 04-05-2008, 09:28 PM   #4
ritafeldman

1972 Western Trip

I was on that Western Trip too in 1972. I do remember going to Las Vegas. Do you remember some of us saw Richie Havens in the lobby of Circus Circus. The only reason we ended up going to Las Vegas was that we were stopping at the same time as the western trip before us and they needed a way to slow us down. I do remember being in Mesa Verde for a really long time after the bus broke down. Luckily it was a nice place. I also remember eating KFC for almost every dinner.

We used to have reunions for many years in Flushing Meadow Park. It would be nice to do that again.

Rita Feldman (Klein)
ritafeldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:09 PM   #5
bruceshapiro

Hello Rita
Thanks for getting on and sharing your memories. yes we did all meet at the unisphere for quite awhile after the trip. If I remember correctly you were from Brooklyn, and if memory still serves me, Mill Basin.
That was the most memorable summer of my life as a teenager. i travel extensively for my job, and often visit the cities that we went to, and some of the places are still there.
I was in Salt Lake a few weeks ago, and remebered the KOA, and the tabernacle.
Hope you are well. Perhpas others can join us here, and continue talking about a great summer
Old 04-10-2008, 07:12 PM   #6
Michael Ohlstein

I was at the Unisphere on Tuesday. The park is actually in great shape these days. I would highly recommend a visit.
Michael Ohlstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:47 AM   #7
David Fried

Bruce,
I have seen your name a few times , don't know you from camp , but do I know you from beantown and Emerson?
David
David Fried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #8
bruceshapiro

David
While I have been in Boston countless times in my old job, and a few times on the Emerson campus, I am not form there, nor did I attend school in Boston. I lived on Long Island untill this past August, when I relocated to Charlotte NC for a new job in the world of broadcasting.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #9
RJuron

Smile Western Trip 72

I was on the Western Trip in 72, but we didn't get to Vegas - I remember a hail storm at the Grand Canyon and our bus breaking down in Jacksonhole! Oh well
Robin
RJuron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #10
debbie rose

I was on that western trip in 72

I remember you, Rita. We were bunkmates during other summers as well in Narrowsburg, yes?
But I remember the Las Vegas nightclub. . .
And anyone remember setting up camp (it was very dark) after a bus breakdown in (I believe) Montana?
We woke up to see buffalo all around?
-Debbie Rose
debbie rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:09 PM   #11
chuck seid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritafeldman View Post
I was on that Western Trip too in 1972. I do remember going to Las Vegas. Do you remember some of us saw Richie Havens in the lobby of Circus Circus. The only reason we ended up going to Las Vegas was that we were stopping at the same time as the western trip before us and they needed a way to slow us down. I do remember being in Mesa Verde for a really long time after the bus broke down. Luckily it was a nice place. I also remember eating KFC for almost every dinner.

We used to have reunions for many years in Flushing Meadow Park. It would be nice to do that again.

Rita Feldman (Klein)
Dave Rosensweig was screaming Freedom when he saw Richie Havens and I believe it was Shakeys Pizza not KFC...hope you are well Rita.....Chuck Seid
chuck seid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #12
Michael Stahl

Pioneers 1971 narrowsburgh

Were any of you at narrowsburgh pioneers in 1971. If so email me at mstahl@bestfriendphotos.com. We have a reunion in the work, also including wt1 1972
Michael Stahl is offline   Reply With Quote