Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > Current Memories Forum
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2006, 11:09 PM   #1
EricLiebes

Lightbulb Mention of Wel-Met on Law & Order

Tonight a lawyer on Law & Order used the fact that he had gone to Camp Wel-Met with the presiding judge as a reason for a change of venue.

I wonder which Wel-met alumni is a writer on Law & Order?

--Eric
EricLiebes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:48 AM   #2
Scott Engelhard

da da da da da... da

Get out of here! That is TOO COOL! I was so close to watching it... I heard 'em say a new episode was on next, out of the corner of my ear... and I planned to watch it... and then, a phone call or two and the show was over... the story of my life... I can't wait to catch that one!

Was the lawyer working pro bono?

Did he win his motion, or was it a tie?

da da da da da... da

Good ear, Eric!
Scott Engelhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:32 AM   #3
Beth Weitzman

Caught it too!

It was quite amusing... the lawyer's name was something like Randy Dworkin and he was portrayed as quite a character. Very smart, very wild, very committed... easily could've been one of our own. Who is the connection with the series?
Beth Weitzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:50 PM   #4
Mike Alterbaum
Super Site Supporter

If there is a writer who went to Wel-Met, that would explain a lot!! I watch Law and Order from time to time, and have always wondered why there have been references to Honesdale, PA (the hospital we used was located there), and also to Goshen. This is very interesting stuff. Stay in touch. Best Regards, Mike Alterbaum
Mike Alterbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #5
Beth Green

I watch Law & Order all the time. I totally agree with Mike with reagrd to the Catskill region...
Beth
Beth Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 02:09 AM   #6
Scott Engelhard

off-topic

Beth W.:
on a completely different subject, I tried to email you privately, but the way your W-M board is set up, you don't take emails from here...
I was wondering if you know Prof William Easterly, at NYU, who's just out with a new book, "White Man's Burden," or something close to that... do you work together at all?
I know you're a busy person, but if you have a few minutes, I'm interested...
I'm at scottengelhard@aol.com, if you feel like shooting me your email address... tell Joel I say Hi... Love, Scott E.
Scott Engelhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:54 PM   #7
Charles Cohen

Wel-Met on Law & Order

If it helps, a little research reveals that the Law & Order episode that aired on March 29, 2006 (when this thread was originally post) was "Thinking Makes It So" from Season 16, Episode 18. The writer was Michael S. Chernuchin (born in 1954). The director was Tony Goldwyn (born 1960). The latter grew up in Los Angeles, but perhaps someone will recognize Mr. Chernuchin's name from their Wel-Met memories.
Charles Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote