Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > Current Memories Forum
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2005, 03:07 PM   #1
skellerdc

Western Trip 1 - 1967

OK, I see a bunch of stuff about Western Trip 3 of '67, but what happened to the Trip 1 folks??? Dave Fenster? Steve Frankel? Judy Kravitz? Phil, the trip assistant who Kravitz had the hots for? Witty? Judy Edson? Ellen Rand? Dave Flax? Roy Cohen? Steve Bakur? The Canadian girl that Bakur 'met' at Crystal Beach, Ontario? The African American bus driver who drove from Manhattan the second week in to replace the original racist bus driver, who was fired by trip leader Debbie Beller? Am I the only one left? Please help!

Steve Keller
Narrowsburg '63-'66
skellerdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:52 PM   #2
pwwwp

western trip 1 1967

Steve,
I remember you very well. We were in the same tent on the
western trip. I remember that you played guitar and lived in Rockville Centre.

I discovered this web site recently and check to see if I recognize anyone. You,re the first person from our trip who has tried to
contact anyone. I remember all the people you listed plus
Lenny Levitz, Robert SEpersky, Sandy Goldstein, Vicki Romm, Amy Kessler, and Laurie Kovner. The bus driver you mentioned was named Jim and he was a really cool guy. The counselor's
names were Jerry, Frank, Marion, and Sheila.

How long have you been living inWashington D.C.Hope tp hear from you soon. Coincidentally, I'll be in your area for Memorial DAy Weekend.

By the way, do you remember why I had the nickname Witty?

Witty(Rich Goldenberg)
pwwwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 02:15 PM   #3
RobertS975

OK, I will try to post a reply again, as yesterday for some reason, board would not accept my replies. I was certainly on this trip with you. I recall how the group leader made us empty everything off the bus for the bus turnover. Somewhere in Kansas or OK, IIRC.

How do you guys remember so much detail... I find that amazing!
I mean, I read Steve's first post here and it took me a few minutes to realize, "Wait a minute! I was on that same trip!"

I stand in absolute amazement at the powers of some of your memories.

Rob Sepersky
RobertS975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 12:25 AM   #4
Leslie Bergson

Western Trip #1, 1967

Hi, this is Leslie Bergson. I was also on Western Trip #1 in 1967. Witty, I think you had a girlfriend named Amy. Steve and Rob, I remember you, too, and everyone else you named, except who was Lenny Levitz? The first bus driver, the racist one, was named Art. I'd love to hear from others who were on that trip, especially anyone who now lives on the West Coast.

Leslie Bergson
Leslie Bergson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 10:17 PM   #5
deb414

Send a message via Skype™ to deb414
Western trip 67 memories

How do you guys remember so much?? It is true that some friendships have lasted 30 years. I remember Susan Kutner, Gary, Susan (from Brooklyn) and of course, Leslie. The rest is a blur. I recall doing the counselors a favor and cleaning out their icechest of this smelly blue cheese. Boy did I ever get in trouble for trying to help.
deb414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:35 PM   #6
skellerdc

Hi Leslie - I remember you, didn't you live in Laurelton and a bunch of us celebrated New Year's at your place one year? Or do I just think I have a good long term memory? (My short term memory stinks - sometimes I don't remember where I parked my car!)
Old 06-26-2005, 07:12 PM   #7
Leslie Bergson

Steve, I hope your short-term memory is better than mine, but your long-term memory is amazing, and you got it almost right. I did live in Laurelton and I did have a reunion party but the New Years Eve one was at the home of Natalie Strauss, who also lived in Laurelton. I remember it because we got into Natalie's parents' liquor cabinet, and it was the first time I got drunk.
Leslie Bergson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:11 PM   #8
debra hochman

steve, are you related to mark keller?
debra hochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:20 PM   #9
skellerdc

Not that I know of.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:44 AM   #10
zaclo123

hi this is steve frankel can't believe these posts memories of my 7 yrs of wel met are flooding back
zaclo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:04 AM   #11
deb414

Send a message via Skype™ to deb414
memories

Leslie- I feel like it has been forever. I sold the Brooklyn house and am now living in Denver. However, I am moving to Delray Beach in September. I have become my mom. Have 3 grands which is grand. Love Denver, but cannot afford it and still keep place in FL. How are you? Still in CA?]
deb414 is offline   Reply With Quote