Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > Current Memories Forum
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #1
shakle

Western Trip '68

Hello out there...looking for Western trippers...think it may have been trip 5. Looking for Billie Weltman, Murray Kahn and Danny Rader. Murray, you turned me onto John Coltrane.. you brought a little battery powered record player. You were listening to "A Love Supreme" as we were in the mountains in Colorado near Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Man, you changed my life. Turned into a real jazz junkie. Hope we can once again hook up and trade some guitar licks.

Billie, you taught me how to smoke a cigarette outside the girls bathroom in Oklahoma. Fortunately I don't smoke anymore, but it was fun...Danny, your mom caught us...hmmm, not fun.

Sharon Feder
shakle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
Michael Ohlstein

Lisa,

Were you on Western Trip 2 in 1968?
Michael Ohlstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
whiteevan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakle View Post
Hello out there...looking for Western trippers...think it may have been trip 5. Looking for Billie Weltman, Murray Kahn and Danny Rader. Murray, you turned me onto John Coltrane.. you brought a little battery powered record player. You were listening to "A Love Supreme" as we were in the mountains in Colorado near Black Canyon of the Gunnison. Man, you changed my life. Turned into a real jazz junkie. Hope we can once again hook up and trade some guitar licks.

Billie, you taught me how to smoke a cigarette outside the girls bathroom in Oklahoma. Fortunately I don't smoke anymore, but it was fun...Danny, your mom caught us...hmmm, not fun.

Sharon Feder
Sharon, This is Bob White, I was on that trip! Billie and I lived in Livingston. I have so many fond memories. I really like Murr too.
whiteevan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
(Fred)BartAstor

I was a counselor on that trip!

How strange to be reading these posts and realize that I was the adult back then. You all talked about how it changed your lives. Imagine as a kid of 19 having responsibility for 40 of you. I remember your name, Sharon (sadly not the face). And Bob White, the same, although a hint of an image comes to mind. I will always remember Billie. She was my nemesis and also my favorite. In the training before you all got there, we counselors got to pick our campers. I chose her, esp. because of what had been written about her previous history at Wel-Met. She pushed me and tested me. I remember Murray quite well and wonder if he's still into music. We saw The Who and Association in one concert. Murray was so turned on to The Who. I remember Gail Hochman with whom I corresponded for a couple of years back then. You're all about 60 now. Isn't it odd to be thinking about an experience we shared 46 years ago. If you're interested in sharing more, contact me at bart@bartastor.com. You can also google me to see what I've been up to.
(Fred)BartAstor is offline   Reply With Quote