Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > Current Memories Forum
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2007, 11:32 PM   #1
Robert Katz

Western Trip 1964

Anybody out there who was on any of the Western Trips in 1964. I was in Narrowsburg from 58 -64
Hope to hear from you!
Robert Katz
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Robert Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
ferryman

western trip 64

Hi,Robert.
I was a counselor on a western trip to yellow stone in 64 .the director was Gerard from the Netherlands and his wife,Tini or Tina. I can still remember a snatch of a song they used to sing in Dutch,but I'm sure the spelling can't be right.
de ohl zat in der almond (The owl sat in the almond tree)
Ver Vallen von der naght (at night fall?)I even had a partial diary with photos but where is it now? It was a great trip with great kids,but names escape me. Anyone still alive who was on that trip? Help me out. I had just graduated from college.
Steve Kiss
ferryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:41 PM   #3
Bonnie Sibener

Western trip '64

Hi Robert and Steve,
I was on the second Yellowstone trip in '64. So glad there are some of us still around to remember. It was my best Wel-Met summer. Our director was Ira, he was studying to be a doctor. I just dug out my album and the counselors were Richy, Sandy, Gail and Lucy. Walter was the co-director for a short time and then he left the trip. Back then we only went as far as Yellowstone. I don't think either of you were on my trip. When I tell my kids about that magical summer they can't believe I actually camped out across the country, had mud fights when we cleaned the pots in the streams of Trumansburg, NY or watched a chicken get beheaded on the McCullough ranch. The memories still make me smile.

Bonnie Levine Sibener
Commack, NY
Bonnie Sibener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:24 PM   #4
Janet Greenfield

Hi,

I was on this Yellowstone trip. The directors were Teeny and Girard. Some of the campers were Valerie Brown, Skippy (Judy) Walker, Lynne Harrison, Alan Rosenberg (I think that was his last name), Vickie Robbins, and David Lehv.

I do remember you.

Janet Greenfield
Janet Greenfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
ziggyskier

Send a message via Skype™ to ziggyskier
reunion?

Remember the snake in the trumpet case (YYYUUP ... that might be me!) on the Potawatomi (sp?) reservation that night the Native Americans were all on 'firewatah' and Ira etal were tested in their sense of adulthood. GOOD TIMES! In a very short year it will be 50 years. I still have all those pictures. uh huh! If there is enough of a response, let's put on a 'better late than never' pahtee. Any takers - I am at <ziggy@ziggyskier.com>.
ziggyskier is offline   Reply With Quote