Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > The Old Guest Book
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2003, 04:03 PM   #1
David Fried

Old guest book section three

Message: Several weeks ago, I got an e-mail from Mark Minick.For those of you who were concerned, his afro is now gray, and, no, he does not wear earth shoes any longer.

Name: Woody Belkin

Email: sbelkin@bbwg.com

City: New York

State: NY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: Anyone who remembers me, the arts and crafts counselor 1970, 1971, 1972 or babysitter for Marty Lumish 1969 please write. Id love to hear from you!

Name: Matel Stoler and other Stolers and Marty Lumish

Email: Matel9521@aol.com

City: Edison

State: N.J.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: Anyone who remembers me, the arts and crafts counselor 1970, 1971, 1972 or babysitter for Marty Lumish 1969 please write. Id love to hear from you!

Name: Matel Stoler and other Stolers and Marty Lumish

Email: Matel9521@aol.com

City: Edison

State: N.J.

Message: Hey Debi, God Susan Chafetz, I havent heard that name in to many years or for that matter Shed Berg the best overall athlete at WelMet Unit 5 year 1967 the year Doug was asked by Dick Heuy umm did you have umm sexaul relations with that girl umm ? Then got the boot out of camp or how about Mark cant remember his last name counselor from Brooklyn. Cant remember all the players with out a score card To bad I cant be at the reunion Russell

Name: Russell Edelstein

Email: LBV3475@FDN.com

City: Lantana

State: FL

Message: Hi friends, just wanted to pass along my new e-mail address, please use bertgrubman @aol.com from now on.Have a wonderful time at the Nevele!

Name: Roberta Grubman

Email: bertgrubman@aol.com

City: Carmel

State: Ca

Message: Thanks, Michael for creating this fantastic site! The pictures blew me away! I attended Narrowsburg from 1965- 1968 Units III,IV, V and Western Trip 1 in l969. Geri Goldsmith, where are you? Lesley Achitoff, I know where you are! Great to see posts from Meri Weingarten, Emily Saltz, Lew Weinstein, Dean Weber and Russell Edelstein. Russell, where is Susan Cafetz? Dean, I cant believe you are a rabbi - conservative, yet! Wish my kids could have attended Wel-Met. My daughter is on a western trip this summer, but not at all the same - more fancy schmancy. Hi to Meryl Schreiber. Are all of you going to the reunion?Love to all,Debi Eiger Farber

Name: Debi Eiger Farber

Email: fistinge@aol.com

City: Ardsley

Message: hey mitch and andy!!! so glad to hear u guys r alive and well. i am in possesion of some hilarious photos from those summers- would love to share them with anyone who has some computer know how. i second linus call for eddie rowan, larry levine and carol leblang.

Name: karen helfeld-israel

Email: karsue@comcast.net

City: hartford

State: ct

Message: Thank god I waitied til I was on vacation to log onto this site--Ive been here for an hour, trying to sort my own memories from those of my sister Nancy , brother Steven and you other Wel-Met folks, that and I may never be able to work again. Greetings to Bandel, Seth, Phil--it was great to see you at the Bar Mitzvah. I was in the 3wk session in Unit 5 in Narrowsburg twice was I left back?--in 61 and 62, and worked there as a counselor in68 in Unit 1, where I learned tolerance and actually became friendly with a contingent from BROOKLYN Darby House--but the Bronx still rules. Cooky, I think you were in the bunk opposite mine, and you were in love or lust with a boy named Charlie. And I remember Shelly Stahl skinny. So sad to hear that Barry Gerchick died. Greetings to Diane and Willy. Gentian violet painted on the tongue by Nurse Cherry--the cure for homesickness and sprained ankles. Thank you, Wel Met for being my extended family.

Name: Ellen Garfinkel Lynn

Email: ellenlynn215@hotmail.com

City: Bellevue

State: WA

Message: Hi...I was a Barryville Camper in 73, & 74, and attended Narrowsburg in 75, & 76. The only person I am in contact with is Pam F. So, if anybody remembers either of us, please contact me. I would love to hear from PhyllisFizz, Giselle...

Name: Jan Sachs

Email: siketime@aol.com

City: West Islip

Message: Sorry - typo in the Email addy on my earlier posting about dinner! Duh

Name: Julie Light

Email: Peeeches2@yahoo.com

City: na

State: na

Message: How can it be that with all the email coming through, not one is from anyone I even faguely recognize as having been a friend from all those years at Wel-Met? Where are you all? I need to reminise with something other than my own picture album. Ed Schechner, we shared so much that summer. Mitch Nagler and Butch Liebowitz. Bob Hazelcorn. Anita Lvein and Phylllis Weintraub. The list goes on and on. PLEASE, someone email me!!!!!!!!

Name: Leslye Cooky Adelman

Email: momof3inla@adelphia.net

City: Sherman Oaks

State: CA

Message: Somebody posted a question about the Big Inch, so here is the answer: Its an oil pipeline built during ww2 to go from Texas to Linden NJ. It was 24 inches around and I wonder if any Wel-Met folks ever saw it. I know I hiked to it but cant say we found it .If you know me and are planning making it to the reunion, please drop a notethanksdavid 7-21-03

Name: david fried

Email: dfried1@msn.com

City: minneapolis

State: mn

Message: Eve Ruff. You mean Bucky Jones WASNT Cleone Jones nephew? Now, you tell me. For years I have been telling friends how I tagged his nephew out at homeplate during a kitchen boys vs. pioneers softball game in 1969. Ah well, another youthful myth fades into the sunset.

Name: Andrew Anker

Email: aanker@csus.edu

City: Davis

Message: Larry Karst, trying to make a date with you is something like nailing jello to the wall! I spoke with Lee who told me that you and Debbie Nodiff live practically on the same block in Manhattan. Wowza! Im making a date with Lee and sure hope that you and Debbie can join us for dinner....after the official Wel-Met reunion, of course. If anybody else would like to join us, please send me an Email and Ill do my best to coordinate.

Email: Peeeches@yahoo.com

City: Manhasset

Message: i was in from silver lake age 7 til western trip 1973 and counselored in 1977.presently im 45 f-ing years old. looking for the likes of joel dinerstein,lana wilson, karen helpfeld,frenchie,. i just emailed mitch schrift. any reunions in the future. hi to all. andy chamow

Name: andy chamow

Email: ascasm@aol.com

City: syosset

State: ny

Message: Hey All!!! Great to make this connection. Hey Joel D, Lana W, Jeff D, Karen H, Mindy T, Donna B, Aimee G, Cindy K, and a hey to Joels sister Adele. Its summer time, lets go back to camp! Joel, thanks for the late night raid in Pioneers memory. That certainly was a great night and those were some great times and the best of friends. My closest childhood friends were certainly my Wel-met friends. Can you guys believe that next summer it will be 30 years since our Western Trip. I wish I could remember more about those days. If only I could stop smoking that Kansas weed we picked at Jensbys Farm and hid under a seat in the bus! Man that stuff smelled bad. It would be great to share some photos of those days. Anyone with too much time on their hands want to set up a Web site for us to upload photos? I left NY when I was 20 and have been living in Northern CA Santa Cruz & Berkeley and Portland OR since then. In my 20s I began studying music seriously and now I search for gigs as a Jazz pianist. Im mostly teaching piano at my home. You know, I never really did have a real job. Thanks Karen for tracking me down and telling me about this site. Much love to all my friends. Its really great to think about you guys and all the fun we had.

Name: Mitch Schrift

Email: mitch88@mindspring.com

City: Albany

Message: Hello back to Andy Anker, Yes, iam just a hop and a skip and a fart and a whistle up Interstate 5 from you. How long have you been in Davis? I cant believe you have a copy of Tripping 1970, would you consider making a copy for me? I would pay big bucks for it! In fact, I think enough of us from trip one would pay for a copy of this sacred relic that you could probably take early retirement. Are you considering going east for the reunion?

Name: Larry Howard

Email: lhoward@damorelaw.com

City: Portland

State: OR

Message: As the memory synapses come alive ... Irwin Z was our learless feeder, Diane and Charlie were two of the counselors, John Fishman from Freeport, LI and Ira Bryck who I see in Amherst. One of my Pioneer counselors was Mike a very BIG guy who taught me the meaning that size does not matter one of those long stories and has nothing to do with what some of you are thinking. In Pioneers we built and finished some sort of building structure the Pavillion? ... open walled I think. The futile kitchen attempts to convince us that eating the Hot Cereal would ... boost your batting average, make you irresistable, increase your chances of scoring at the next dance, etc. It the hot cereal did stick to the walls during a food fight.

Name: Saul Wilner

Email: info@800granola.com

City: Amherst

State: MA

Message: This is the REAL trip ... 35 years later and activating long dormant memories. Narrowsburg Pioneers 67 and Western Trip ? 68 ... led by Irwin Zaretsky. Scorpians in our tent, the infamous Mrs. Jensby, hiking down the Grand Canyon, Count-Off I was Almost Last and Andy Wohl was Last. When looking through my lifetime Stuff collection I always find a copy of our Western Trip Newsletter, our tent mallet which I won in a contest and a huge 3H x 6L banner everyone made and wrote on. What a trip! 72003

Name: Saul Wilner

Email: info@800granola.com

Message: Anyone ever hear from Vivian Bernstein from Westbury, or Merideth Annus from LI. We went to Silver Lake & Narrowsburg.

Name: Liane Lowy

Email: Leemara@aol.com

City: Hallandale

State: Fl

Message: Another wel-met memory... what other camp sent home a report card weeks after camp was over?? As for an earlier post about WM food-- who could forget tongue and raisin sauce?

Name: Felice Karlitz

Email: bk2ss@aol.com

City: Saratoga Springs

Message: Reunion Update. The Nevele is fully booked and notaccepting any more reservations. We will soon be postingmeeting times that will take place during the reunion, soday visitors can find us. VERY IMPORTANT - our trip to theNarrowsburg campground must be done as a group. We willsoon be posting a rendevous time in Silverlake so we can allgo up together. See you soon.

Name: Laurie Kline

Email: urvashi@catskill.net

City: Hurleyville

Message: What a trip watching 25 years of my life pass before my eyes--I started as a camper at age 8, went through all the units,WT, clerk, counselor, PA, full time employee and Assistant Director. -- Whats made it difficult each time I stop here, is not being able to share the memories with Jeff Tenzer, who was a dear friend through all those eras and post Wel-Met years. He would have loved this! Where to start? old, oldtime names and memories from this site-- wow! Cherry the nurse, Ralph Weeks, Jean Comby, Jesse Miller, Irwin Zaretsky, Danny Katkin.. who remembers Dick Huey and the unmentionable? How about Debbie Beller--she was our very own Mary Travers. My closest friendships of over 30 years are still old Wel-Metters: my husband, Jerry Grodin, my friends Ilene Pappert who married Jeff and Bobbie Finkelstein and my brother-in-law Alan Grodin. How great to see old friends on this site--Cliff Weber! Last time I saw you your son Harlan was just born!! We need to connect! Heard from Ilissa a few years ago--shes in California, still keep in contact with Larry Wollman - he married Mona Woller-- a WM boatboy-boatgirl marriage, and through the WM connection see and hear from Barry Morowitz, Marilyn Brenner, Ricky Pappo...many more pop in and out of my life--saw Benny Wax at a jazz festival in Saratoga, Elliot Masie lives here now. Sammy Moriber--more Brooklyn memories. Dave Goldman-- last image--Park Slope. Old campers-- Scott Gallop--the Saratoga racetrack announcers dont measure up to your calling the races--it seems like yesterday! Cliff Shorr, Johnny Levine, Claudia Basuk and brother Pauls socks, Danny Breitstein, Brett Finkelstein, Eddie Karp, Barbara Scheinman, Hilde, Jayne, Alterbaum boys, Billy Warren-- I cant believe I remember him! Names from my camper days: Lewis Tanner, Hey Jono-- Jessies kept me up to date on you--wheres Nikita? Recently found Steve Bien and last I heard Steve Toder was an MD in NYC. Someone mentioned Hong Fat-- where is Bob Mirel? Could always count on him to take a ride to Chinatown and pickup some Chow Fun. Thank you thank you Alterbaum for doing this! I had hoped to be able to see everyone on the 17th, but turns out that is the day we have to bring my son to med school-- back to our roots--in Brooklyn! Wish there was a way to make it work--Now that Ive connected here I am thirsty for more--

Name: Felice Karlitz

Email: BK2SS@aol.com

City: Saratoga Springs

Message: ATT: WESTERN TRIPPERS !969 - I found a Western Trip relic in my attic. Its a photocopied newsletter faded and hard to read that we published at the end of our trip. It says: Western Trip III Newspaper, 710-81869, Godverdamme referring to the favorite expression of one of our counselors who was Dutch and in an illustration of a cloud is the word Charlie referring to the name we gave the rain cloud that seemed to follow us the entire trip. The newsletter contains reporting of trip occurrences and impressions from many of us, words to songs we wrote and sang, a Last Will and Testament, and more. Heres the alphabetical list of us - campers, then counselors: Alan Alterbaum, Frank Badome, Pete Bass, Jeanne Bassis, Marc Berg I remember we got to meet his uncle Dave Berg for Mad magazines Bergs Eye View, Janice Bishansky, Cliff Blackman, Bobby Braunstein, Eddie Cohen, Edna Dix, Don Feldman, Barbara Fischkin, Jeff Fried, Danny Friedland, Mike Goldberg, Stefi Gootnick resident guitarist and composer, Sindy Habib, Steve Hazelcorn, Lisa Hellerman, Lisa Herzlich, Barbie Keiser, Ricky Keller, Ilene Kesselman, Stew Koenig me, Nancy Kravitz, Liz Levenbach, Sue Markowitz, Lelie Medine, Barbara Mensch I remember sometime after the trip Barbara was on a hijacked plane and was okay, Jonathan Metz, Arlyn Miller, Nancy Mirel, Steve Rodoletz, Ronda Rubinsky, Ann Siegel, Fran Smith, Dave Tenen, Diane Tonick, Doug Weber, Jeff Weber, Joqn Abromowitz, Arty Zeidenweber, Sue Shapio, Paul Kemme the Dutch guy, Jo ANne Brandt, Ed the Bus Driver, Harvey Belkin.

Name: Stew Koenig

Email: stew@koenig-adpr.com

City: Syracuse

Message: Paging:Eddie Rowan,Larry Levine, and Carol LeBlang.can anyone out there put me in touch with them.?Linus Steve SchwartzburgRoburg1@aol.com

Name: Linus (Steve Schwartzburg)

Email: Roburg1@aol.com

City: ny

Message: Wow !! I have not been to the site for a long time and it is great to see some of the people from Narr. 1965- 1969, and West.Trip 1 1970. This is my second attempt to post at this site. Has anyone else had problems?Yes Larry, no one could cover Willie the Pimp like you. A big Hello to Andy A. out on the left coast. So, Julie when are we getting together? Definately planning on making the Sunday scene at Narrowsburg. Cant wait to see some old friends.

Name: Laurence Karst

Email: laurencekarst@yahoo.com

Name: Brett Finkelstein

Email: docbrett@aol.com

City: safety harbor

State: fl

Message: Question for one and all: 1. How did your family first hear about Wel-Met? Were we all so alike to start with or did Wel-Met help us become the people we arewere? The Karlitz family saga: I had gone to Girl Scout camp for two weeks with some girls from my troop. Hated it. My mothers family was friends with a Dr. Martin Loeb. When she told her that I went to that camp, he asked why she hadnt sent me to HIS camp - which is where I went the very next year. The following year, my younger sister was old enough to go. I lobbied long and hard to not send her - I didnt want to have to worry about a homesick younger sibling, who might not even like it there. That turned out not to be a problem - Felice didnt miss a summer at Wel-Met for the next 25 years or so! Trivia question: Almost everyone at Narrowsburg had been in a building with Martin J. Loebs name over the entrance. Name it and win extra shmooze time and a free day on the Reunion Work Wheel.

Name: Gail Karlitz

Email: GKarlitz1@aol.com

City: Stamford

State: CT

Message: If I figured my dates out right..I started unit 2 in 1967 and continued on through Western Trip in 1971. Some of the greatest memories from those years and all the reunions during the year. This is a great website, pulled out my photo album from the Western trip..I have pictures of that snow ball fight at the grand tetons, and us working our way down the Grand Canyon..great to read all the messages..brings back so much...

Name: Beth Rubin

Email: birubin@aol.com

Message: Hello again Wel-Metters, I finally had the time to read most of the messages posted on this long over due masterpiece of a web site. Thank you Mike again and again for the chills and thrills I got from reading the memories of our collective experiences of our formative years. I must correct one entry on my previous entry. I went on Western Trip 2 not one during the summer of 1969. When we got back to Silverlake and set up our tents in the field just above central supply we got a real big suprise the next am. At least ten other tents had been set up nears ours by these long haired hippy types all looking for directions to the stage area for Woodstock. We arrived back at Wel-Met on the Wed before Woodstock had started.What a scene the drive back to NYC was!!! The world it seemed was going north and we were trying to go south. For all of those who asked where Donna Mayer is, the last I heard from Leslie Rosen was that she got married to a guy from Copenhagen and moved there in the 70s but then again the last time I saw Leslie was in Venice Beach back in 1978 when I had just moved there from the big apple. Ive been in touch with Joan Michaels Kazer a few months back. Got to her thru classmates.com. Ill email her this site info. Ive got great photos of Don Main with my brother Mitchell, Elliot Masie and Ben Wax as well as the WALL of FAME from the Barn. Todd Mike Mark Martin Ned Mitchell Doug etc are visible on the photo with the years they served. I also have the roster list for my western trip 2 1969 as well as an ad from the NY Times from god knows when that says its cost the large sum of 435.00 for the six week seesion and 215 for three weeks. Ill try to scan these items and lots of others like Rita Karasyk, Cheryl Herman, Philip Freeman, Dave Pass T.D.,Karen Bernstein, Lewis Weinstein Debbie Slevin and more. I cant wait to read more from you all Russell

Name: Russell C. Edelstein

Email: lbv3475@fdn.com

Message: Larry Howard,are you really just up north a bit from me on interstate 5? I am in reasonably good contact with Steve Benjamin and Richie Levine--the three of us, and my son and wife, got together three years ago at Yosemite for a week of hiking and wisecracking. I visited Richie again last year at his home outside of San Diego. Steve and I exhange emails and e photos.In answer to your query: Roger was definitely one of our counselors in Pioneers. I remember a bunch of us working with him on a roof for the new unit directors shack.Julie--thanks for the photos. Strange thing, I have a couple of the same shots in my collection-- I think we did a lot of negative swapping at all those reunions. One minor correction, the guy standing next to Irwin at the Grand Canyon is Richie, the bus driver. I wasnt sure of this, but I was able to look it up in my vintage copy of Tripping 1970, a home published magaine full of useful information, including a last will and testament compiled by a trio of Kaplans and David Eidler. For some reason I was left A hill surrounded by Nazis. I only vaguely remember why.

Name: Andy Anker

Message: A big hello back to Julie Light! Thanks for posting your pictures on the site, they are so great! And hello Andy Anker, great to hear from you!! Carol Potashnick e-mailed me at work today to tell me that you had surfaced on the site and posted a message! You know who would really like to hear from you is Larry Karst. Are you still in touch with any of our old cronies, say, Steve Benjamin, for example? Anyone know what happened to Howie Gruenspecht? Hey, I wanted to tell everyone from our trip 1970 trip 1 that I recieved a very nice e-mail yesterday from Gail Karlitz, who has since posted on the site. She read my posting about the time we were visited slash assisted by the KKK and she wrote to tell me that she was friends with Roger Lazoff through the 70s, and that Roger has or had the card with the confederate flag on the other side, and kept it in his wallet and was always telling that story. Heres another question: was that Roger also a counselor of ours in Narrowsburg Pioneers in 1969? I cant remember.Debbie Nodiff, I wrote you an e-mail, write me back!Long live Wel-Met! Larry Howard.

Message: I must say my memories of Camp Wel-Met are not as sharp as most of you. I was there for one three week stint, circa 1963 or 64. Must have been Narrowsburg was that the biggest?. The only name I remember from fellow campers is Noel Zahler. But I do remember our overnight on the other side of the lake. Our counselor told us to forage in the woods and bring back something of interest to show the group. This one poor shnook brings backs a bunch of small pebbles and explains that he found a whole pile of them . . At which point the counselor informs him and all of us that he is holding deer shit in his hands!! And thats my most vivid memory of Camp Wel-Met!!Thanks to Mike Alterbaum for turning me onto this site. Good work Mike!!

Name: Ed Lapal

Email: estarkma@optonline.net

City: Manhasset Hills

Message: cant believe this web site, finally, non drug-induced flash backs !! Was in Barryville 69, Narrowsburg 70 through pioneers 74. Western Trip 3 75. Losing alot of sleep staying up all night reading the messages and looking for long lost buds. These were truly the best years of our lives. If anyone else out there cant hear Stevie Wonders Innervisions or Band On The Run without thinking back to 74 Pioneers, we need to talk! Looking forward to hearing from yall and talking about the good ol times. Meanwhile, all boats in and sound off your buddy numbers...

Name: stu fishberg

Email: tobynstu@aol.com

City: suffern

Message: So, will the reunion resemble a post-modern rock festival? I heard Universal Soldier hes 5 foot 2, and hes six foot 4...hes fighting for democracy, hes fighting for the reds...and Break on Through within minutes of each other on the radio, and thought there might be a lot of guitars, tie- dyed shirts, hurraches, etc., and otherwise discreet symbols of how grown up we were allowed to feel.I hope to be there to see for myself.PS. I found and spoke to Todd Benjamin...and was not able to end an email to Judy at the address she listed.

Name: Sorin Garber

Email: garberwest1@msn.com

Message: Has anyone ever heard fromof Larry Wolman, counselor, Unit 4 Narrowsburg 1968 ? He was Danny Milsteins counselor and Jeff Tenzers friend.

Name: cliff weber

Email: cweber@hhk.com lawboss76@optonline.net

City: Yorktown Heights

State: new york

Message: A great big HELLO to Larry Howard and Andy Anker. So great to know that youre still in touch with so many Wel Metters but how did i miss the memo about the mini reunion a few years ago? Oh man I would have loved to seen everyone. Donna Peltz I promise I will call you gf!

Message: And from my own camper days... Narrowsburg Unit 2 - about 1959 - a counselor named Melvin Schwartz had written a song recorded by Jan and Dean. We all listened to AM radio to hear how the song was doing in the rankings. Mel was in the infirmary for something or other, had the radio on, and Baby Talk was announced as Number 1. Total bedlam in the Infirmary and Unit 2. Remember Visiting Day that year - all the parents showed up with the same thing - a hot new toy called the Hula Hoop. Being in isolation in camp, none of us had heard anything about it. Also remember listening to the second American go into space in Unit 5 - 1961. It was so exciting back then - 15 whole minutes in suborbital space! Camp played the radio in the dining room during meals. Otherwise, even NASA could not interfere with the schedule we had so democratically devised on the previous Saturday morning!

Message: Larry Howard,You are not hallucinating about the routine of singing the LOVE song on Western Trip 1, 1970, but, though Id like to take some credit for that musical phenomenon---- I think it was Steve Benjamin who started it I think I have a picture of him, Larry Karst and Jesse Matuson doing a rendition at the Grand Canyon.

Name: Andrew Anker

Message: Just took a good look at the scan of a Western Trip packing list on this site. I remember we werent supposed to take too many clothes, BUT... 4 shirts, 1 pairs of shorts, and 2 pairs of dungarees for 6 weeks!! I remember everyone wearing as many extra layers of clothes as possible while the counselors checked the backpacks, trying to sneak a few extra things along. Try telling todays kids they have to live on that wardrobe for the summer! But I guess we were TOUGH! Im trying to recall our food budget on the trip. I think it was 2.50 a day per person. Of course, that was in the days of books about Europe on 5.00 a Day. I do remember going to the All You Can Eat Buffets and Melodramas out West. They must have lost a fortune on our starving groups. Wonder if they still have the melodramas. McDonalds was a major treat - half the days food budget in one meal. Mike, the bus driver on my 1971 trip made me take pictures of the grills at our one steak meal. He said I could use it to show parents that their kids were well nourished all summer.I sent in some pictures of 1971 Trip 4. Looking for pictures of 1972 Pioneers and 1973 trip. Can sure use help in putting names with faces. - July 16, 2003

Message: To all my fellow Wel-Metters, Were do I begin. I went to Wel-met starting in Barryville in 1963 Unit 1, 1964 Unit 2, then switched to the early six week shift in Narrowsburg for 1965 unit 3, 1966 Unit 4, 1967 Unit 5, 1968 Pioneers , 1969 Western Trip 1, 1970 AAA in Narrowsburg, 1971 Western Trip Supply, The Barn, 1972 partial Head of Central Supply, The Barn. Ten years that shaped all of me from the music that I loved so much to the sports that I played to the friends that I would have forever and ever. Appropiately, my first visit to this site happened at Benny Waxs house in Stowe, Vermont.Wel- Metters forever!! Reading thru just some of the messages posted of this wonderful website, I was instantly transported back thru time to a more innocent period in my life as well as all of yours. Missy Donner where are you now? Karen Bernstein, Irene Gold, Joan Michaels, Mitch Kirshbaum, Shelly Mel Mitwell, Debbie Slevin The list goes on and on. This is just the start for me on this message board. Thanks Mike. From Ruscal

Name: Russell C. Edelstein

Email: lbv3475@fdn.com

Message: Hey old pals, its Larry Howard again, i just had another trip one musical flashback -- I think it was the Brooklyn boys -- Andy Anker and Steve Benjamin and maybe Richie Levine -- who used to sing this one:L is for the way she looks at me,O is for the only one i see,V is very, very, very extraordinary,E is even more than anyone i can adore, andLove is all that I can give to you,Love is more than just a game for two,Two in love can make itTake my heart but please dont break it,Love, was made for me and you.If I remember right they used to make like they were singing into the microphone and they had it all worked out like it was a little nightclub act. Anyone else remember this? or did I hallucinate the whole thing? Later!!

Message: Suzanne Langer yes I lived in Freeport and we did hang out a few times. I will be attending the reunion on Sunday at Camp Sternberg which was the old Camp Wel-met.Hey Larry Howard hello from Lee Schaffer.

Name: Lee Schaffer

Email: lee731@optonline.net

City: Randolph

State: NJ

Message: How embarrassing...I keep omitting part of my e-mail address. This is the correct one.

Name: Suzanne Langer Schultz

Email: Beachbumsrls@aol

City: Oceanside

Message: How embarrassing...I keep omitting part of my e-mail address. This is the correct one.

Message: My brother, Cliff langer was a long time Wel-Meter as well, just wondering if anyone out there remembers him. He was like me, a Barryville person all the way from camper days into counselor days. Cliff passed away about six years ago. He would have loved this site as much as I do. Maybe an old friend of his will connect with me. Cliff would have been 50 this January.

Email: Beachbum@aol

Message: My brother, Cliff langer was a long time Wel-Meter as well, just wondering if anyone out there remembers him. He was like me, a Barryville person all the way from camper days into counselor days. Cliff passed away about six years ago. He would have loved this site as much as I do. Maybe an old friend of his will connect with me. Cliff would have been 50 this January.

Email: Beachbum@aol

Message: Lee...I remember you too! Didnt you live in Freeport? I lived in Rockaway. I think we went out once or twice all those years ago...that is if youre the same Lee! Ive been in touch with Judi and Eddie too...hopefully well all make the reunion at camp. It was wonderful that my western trip director, Gail Karlitz sent some pictures to a couple of us...boy do we look young...well it was 32 years ago. I check this site every so often and it still amazes me all the people that have signed on and all of the memories that everyone is compelled to share. I have found or been found by many old friends...what a gift.

Message: Hey old Wel-Met friends, this is Larry Howard writing from Portland, Oregon. I was a Narrowsburg camper from Unit 2 through Pioneers, Western Trip 1 in 1970. I am still in touch with a lot of Wel-Metters Cindy Kaplan is still my best friend and Andy Zalman is like my brother, only better because hes not really related. I am in touch to varying degrees with Hank Collins, Larry Reiter, Diane Kaplan, Robbi Goldberg, Larry Karst, Barbara Grable, Donna Peltz, Roz Gutterman, a few others. In recent weeks I have emailed with Paul Basuk, David Sarner, and Ilene Wasserman. And although we did not know each other well back in the day, Carol Potashnick and I have become very close friends over the e-mail in the last few months and write back and forth to each other every day. In fact, we have come to realize that we must have been twins separated at birth. I see Paul Salon every year or two when he comes out to the great NW to visit his sister. Andy Z and I came out here to Portland, Oregon in 1977 in a big red Chevy van named Hendel, after the character in the Sword of Shanarra. I was a woodworker for years until I hurt my back, now I do legal research and writing. I am married and have sons ages 20 and 24. Debbie Nodiff, I hear you are a midwife! That is so cool, both my sons were born at home with midwives and we are still dear friends with the midwife who delivered the older one. Three years ago there was a mini-reunion in NYC it started out as a trip 3 reunion but I didnt know that at first so I rounded up some trip 1 folks to attend. I spent a lot of effort looking for a few people I really miss, especially John Hirshfeld, without any luck. The last time I saw John he was a student in forestry school, I think at Paul Smiths but I also remember something about a school in the Rochester area. Anyone heard anything from John in the last 33 years? How about Amy Silver or Wendy Rappaport? Amy took the only photo of me from the western trip that I have in my possession, sitting in the dirt at the top of the grand canyon pouring my canteen over my head. Heres a little trip 1 flashback: I had a friend and his name was Gus. Where dya put the laundry? On the bus. I think it was Andy Anker who penned those immortal lyrics. Heres another: me standing in the front of the bus singing Frank Zappas Willie the Pimp at the top of my lungs, complete with air guitar. And can any trip one-er forget the time we slept in the cow pasture and were visitedassisted by the loyal knights of the KKK? I think someone from our trip still has the card, with the confederate flag on the reverse side. Thank God we were assisted and not visited. Does anyone know anything about Irwin Zaretsky, our trip director and Great White Father? Carol P and I were quite amazed that between us, we were able to remember all the words to the Boris song! Anyone seen Norma Silverman? How about Donna Mayer? Steve Cohen? The list goes on! I will not be able to attend the big reunion this summer but my heart and spirit will be with you all. Long live Wel-Met and the friendships we made there. I would love to hear from any of you out there who feel like writing. Peace out!

Message: Can anyone remember their letter writing habits while being a camper @ Wel-Met? I remember writing home every day. My son is attending sleep away camp for the first time this year-- Havent heard from him in 2 weeks. I guess times have changed Haha

Name: Lee Kassler

Email: lkassler@optonline.net

City: Long Island

Message: Can anyone remember their letter writing habits while being a camper @ Wel-Met? I remember writing home every day. My son is attending sleep away camp for the first time this year-- Havent heard from him in 2 weeks. I guess times have changed Haha

Name: Lee Kassler

Message: Judi Berensen, Suzanne Langer, Eddie Podolsky I remember you in Barryville Pioneers and I was a Kitchen Boy Cookout Shack.

Message: Paul Salon and Andy Zalman:I remember you guys back in Narrowsburg Units 4 and 5.

Message: Hi Ilene and other friends. Thanks for the mention. Hope to see you at the Nevele.Lori Lerner

Name: Lori Lerner

Email: hazel1952@yahoo.com

City: Bronx

Message: Thank-you for starting this website. Everytime I sign on, it brings tears to my eyes. I have such wonderful memories of my Wel-Met years.I went to Wel-Met for 4 years. I was in Narrowsburg Unit 4 in 1969, Unit 5 in 1970, Pioneers in 1971 and Western Trip 3 in 1972. I would love to hear from anyone from those years.I would like more information about the reunion. Is anyone from my years going? Let me know. Looking forward to hearing from friends from Wel-Met.

Name: Monica Fishberg-Zenda

Email: mozen8@aol.com

City: New City

Message: Hi Davia,Yes Ive always spelled my name with a y. I just got off the phone with Sam and he told me about your e- mail. How did you end up in California? Ive been in touch with Laurie Langer, who also lives in Ca. Alan Brown rents a summer cottage down the road from where I live. Small world. Please write and let me know how you have been. Elysa Lerner Davis

Name: Elysa Lerner Davis

Email: hazel1952@yahoo.com

City: Highland Mills

State: nj

Message: HI to all. I was a Barryville camper from 1964 thru 1972 I was a counselor in 1972 I believe, with Jayne Schacter.I cant tell a lie I dont remember much, but Suzanne Langer is helping me along.IM Married with 2 kids ages 17 Matt, and 13 Amanda. Iam working part time in retail. Hope to hear from some of you that remember me.Randi

Name: Randi Miller Hochberg

Email: Randiskf@aol.com

City: Freehold

Message: Got a call from my dad this morning that Karen Helfeld Israel had called to tell me about this website. Logged on and found messages from some of the people I remember best from my Wel-Met days - Donna Badome, Joel Dinerstein, Cliff Ageloff, Cindy, Karen, Lana, etc. Great to know youre all still out there and thanks, Karen, for letting me know this site exists. Im at my desk with a lump in my throat thinking about those long ago days....Living in Brooklyn, working in NYC, would love to stay in touch. Mindy

Name: Mindy Tarlow

Email: mtarlow@ceoworks.org

City: Brooklyn

Message: I just want to sign it at the moment and would love to hear from any one who was on Western Trips in 1970. I will try to make the reunion in August. Wel-met was great and I still keep in touch with at least half a dozen or so folks from then. The smell of pine woods still bring me back, I will always feel at home in the wildrness because of this camp and I am grateful for that.

Name: Paul Salon

Email: prsalon@yahoo.com

City: Ithaca

State: Ny

Message: My wel-met years are treasures of outrageous memories!! Where di Ed, my pioneer counselor from silver lake 69, go??!! Did he get there? id love to hear from other 1970 Western trip 3 folks!

Name: Andy Zalman

Email: zalmanmary@msn.com

State: Or

Message: Sam, how come youre having a pre-reunion reunion? Whos going to be at Lysas did she always spell her name with a y?, and whos going up to camp on the 15th? I had no plans to come back East this summer -- I was there over spring break to visit colleges with my son hell be a freshman at Stanford in the fall - yup, 18 miles from home, but Ive always said Id be much much more interested in a Wel-Met reunion than ANY school reunion. Does Alan Breen live out here? Where?P.S. Ill email you tomorrow.

Name: Davia Weinberg Love

Email: dlove@grmslaw.com

City: Burlingame

Message: Hi Davia. I am glad to see that you survived the 35 years in one piece too. Interestingly enough, for reasons I cant quite explain, I did remember that Leslie Moonves was your boyfriend at the time we started going out. I think it was partially because Al Breen and Dave Goldman thought the whole thing was so funny back then and they kept going on and on about this Leslie Moonves guy you had been going out with and how could you be going out with a guy named Leslie. Since I did remember the name and it was so distinctive, I was pretty certain it was the same person. Anyway, I have a somewhat related story. My wife and I have friends who own an inn in Stockbridge, MA, and we visit them up there 4 or 5 times a year. About a year and a half ago, there was an elderly couple staying at the inn the same time we were there -- also friends of the owners -- and they were talking incessantly about how they had been friends with Leslie Moonvess parents since he was growing up on Long Island and how he was such a wonderful person and such a big success now that he was the President of CBS. I knew it had to be the same Leslie and I just couldnt believe it -- talk about a small world. Well, it was one of those situations where I was thinking how Id like to tell them -- Oh yeah, that Leslie Moonves isnt so great. Back in 1967 his girlfriend broke up with him to go out with me. Then I realized how stupid that sounded, so I just kept my big mouth shut. Have you been thinking about coming to the reunion in mid-August? Elysa Lerner Davis and I have been in contact and we are planning a pre- reunion at her house on Saturday, August 2nd. I think that Dave Goldman and Jono Zeitlin are thinking of attending one or both of the events, and Im sure if you were in the area Lysa would love you to come to her house too. And, if you know anyone else from that time period who might be interested, please let them know. If you dont think youll be able to come, lets speak again some time soon. Id be interested in hearing what youve been up to since 1967-68.

Name: Sam Moriber

Email: sammoriber@aol.com or smoriber@law.nyc.gov

Message: Al Breen -- I am sure you remember all of the wonderful and horrible experiences we had in the Narrowsburg Kitchen in 1967 and 1968. Do you remember driving between lunch and dinner one day to the fat girls camp in Napanoch, NY? It was the day after the WhoChambers Bros concert at Kutschers in 1968 -- we had driven to the concert in my 1955 Chevy that burned all the oil -- and the girls from the camp were also at the concert. The next day, when we got to the camp all the girls wanted us to do was go out and buy them food. Anyway, Ive remembered that day my entire life. I think we drove 90 mph both ways in order to get back in time to set up and serve dinner. If you know how I can contact Ned Kirsch, I would really like to contact him. In addition to working with him those years, he was my tentmate on the Western Trip in 1964. I do not know if you are coming east at all this summer, but there is a reunion in mid-August at the Nevele which I think I might attend. It would be great if you and anyone else we knew could attend. Also, Elysa Lerner Davis and I have been in contact and we are planning a mini-reunion at her house on Saturday, August 2nd. I think that Dave Goldman and Jono Zeitlin are thinking of attending and were all trying to find as many of our friends from the old days at Wel-Met to be part of it. It would be great to see you there as well, or anyone else who you can tell about it. More later. Bye.

Message: Eve Ruff - I dont know if you remember me, but I was the Unit 4 unit clerk when you were a camper. I just read your long message way down, and was singing along!! I have another one A Hundred and Four pounds of bore, is that what we came here for? Get a load of Wel-Met boys tonight....etc.Carol Potashnick - the company that delivered our trunks was Railway Express.To whoever it was that mentioned the volleyball courts, I beg to differ. They never let us play actual volleyball, instead we played some stupid variation called newcom, where instead of hitting the ball, you caught it, then threw it back over. I have good friend here in California who will back me up on that Marcy Bergman, from Massapequa. Cliff, I havent found Debbys message yet, but Ill keep looking.

Message: Eve Ruff - I dont know if you remember me, but I was the Unit 4 unit clerk when you were a camper. I just read your long message way down, and was singing along!! I have another one A Hundred and Four pounds of bore, is that what we came here for? Get a load of Wel-Met boys tonight....etc.Carol Potashnick - the company that delivered our trunks was Railway Express.To whoever it was that mentioned the volleyball courts, I beg to differ. They never let us play actual volleyball, instead we played some stupid variation called newcom, where instead of hitting the ball, you caught it, then threw it back over. I have good friend here in California who will back me up on that Marcy Bergman, from Massapequa. Cliff, I havent found Debbys message yet, but Ill keep looking.

Message: Davia Weinberg ! I knew that if you were breathing, youd find this site----------and its wonderful to see that youre still not at a loss for words. Go all the way to the bottom of the site and you will see Debby Kaplan you knew her, yes ?I saw Billy Warren 2 years ago at a reunion of my high school neighborhood guys in Florida. Professionally, very successful in the commercial property inspection bizz: owned & sold a bank also. Personally, 2 divorces. Unmistakable face, basically the same. Gotta go, its Sunday morning & my youngest is off to wrestling camp at West Point. Back soon. Cliff

City: yorktown heights

Message: I tried to post the other night and after I wrote a ton, the site crashed. Oh well, Im back. Sammy Moriber - great to see your name. Im a lawyer, too, in California, where Ive lived since I finished Cornell in 1973. Sammy, do you remember when we started going out I didnt tell you about my boyfriend at home, and he surprised me and you by visiting. Anyway, thought youd like to know that that boyfriend was Les Moonves, currently president of CBS! Cliff Weber - how are you? Alan Breen - Wow - I think we went all through Narrowsburg together and Cornell, too. I was in Unit 2 for 3 weeks in 1961 Bunk 23 - best friends Debbie Un and Risa Devore our theme song was We Love You Conrad, Unit 2 for 6 weeks in 1962 my boyfriend was Steve Braunstein, Unit 4 for 3 weeks in 1963 Bunk 63, Unit 5 for 6 weeks in 1964 best friend Shelley Stahl, who also went to Cornell, and now lives in Marblehead - I havent seen her for years, but I know years ago she was once in touch with Jono Zeitlin I think he was in D.C. Pioneers for 6 weeks in 1965 Western Trip 1 in 1966, Unit Clerk in in 1967 and 1968. Friends throughout with Jono, Shelley, Jay Neveloff I saw your name on here Jay - my friend Ken Koppleman is your partner at Kramer Levin, Laurie Langer, Lori Migdal, Toni Reiss, Billy Warren anybody know where he is - I havent heard from him since he was at Kent State, Jeff Tenzer unfortunately deceased, huge crush on Lewie Tanner in Pioneers.I saw a picture on here of the McCulloch farm and chicken -I have almost the same picture, and you know what I didnt eat chicken for 10 years after that beheading!Couple of the messages and references are from my campers - the ones who were in Unit 4 when I was the unit clerk - Debbie Nodiff remember when we bumped into each other on a mountain top in Hawaii? Also, I saw you on that PBS special. Are you back in NY? Does anybody remember Ken Kauffman - he was the swimming instructor in that mudflat we called a lake do you remember coming out of the lake all brown? GROSS! I wonder if it was toxic?I remember that when we went on hikesovernights, we complained so much about walking so far to our campsite, which I now know could not have been more than 14 mile. And lashing together the lean-to. Skills Ive used SO OFTEN! Who else went to a camp where the campers made up their own weekley schedule every Saturday morning?I have some pictures Id love to post. SOmebody tell me how!Davia

Message: David Fried you brought back some more memories. Dont know if you remeber me but we were in bunk 10 unit 1 together with Alec and Steven Fried and went thru the units together. Any one remeber our counselor Charlis from unit three or Izzy from unit 5. How about the girls conselor unit 3 i think Toni. Mike Reich unit 5 and Pioneers. great memories great times.Beaver Dam, Lost Lake, the famous hike to Barryvilleand the swimming hole we built in front of our bunk in the year of rain unit 3. 071203

Name: Steven Michaels

Email: milo193@aol.com

City: nyc

Message: Is it me, or does anyone else end up crying on their keyboards everytime they visit this site. It is truly making me less jealous of my daughters camp experience, there will never be another camp experience like ours and I truly believe we ex wel-meters have made the world a more remarkable place. Thanks Nancy for reminding me George Getzel. Still looking for Missy Donner out there. Think shes in Atlanta - anyone know? What about Dave Brown?

Name: Myndi Eisner Bernard

Email: mynskyn@aol.com

Message: Mike Alterbaum, what an unbelieveable gift you have given us all. For those of you that dont know, and Mike will probably kill me for this, Mike bears the brunt of the cost for this website. Each time he posts pics, each month to keep the good times rolling, Mike shells out of his own pocket. Now unless he is holding out info on me, he has yet to win Powerball or the Lotto, and I know that the costs add up. The web guy charges him by the hr to do the pics and any changes to the site. A few of us have thrown him an occassional bone, and it is like pulling teeth to get Mike to take it, and he would never ask, but those of you who know me know THAT I AM NOT TOO PROUD TO BEG!. If you guys and gals can find it to spare five or ten bucks, stick it in an envelope, mail it to The Woodlands, Texas where Mike resides, lets all help him keep this thing going. If enough of us help just a little, it would go a long way toward making this site never ever face the reality of having to be taken down. Please Email Mike for his home address: Mike_Alterbaum@MSN.COM, and lets help him out. Dont let him talk you out of it either, because he will try. Just insist on sending him a couple of bucks. Thanks. Brett 7-11-03

City: Safety Harbor

State: Fl

Message: Now that the initial shock of being thrust 30 years back in time has worn off. I can begin to formulate a post that makes more sense than WOW THIS IS SO COOL. So without further ado here goes:66 six-week camper in Narrowsburg Unit 1 bunk 9, My mother packed my trunk full of socks and underwear and lots of pre addressed post cards. When I came home she opened the truck to find lots of pre addressed post cards and no socks and underwear. I said I dont know I think they were lost in the laundry. Brought home first of many friends a leopard frog. This was the beginning of a great eight-year journey. I met the kids who I would go on to spend the next eight summers with. Evan Glass, Alec Goldfarb, and some kid we called Martian. It was a summer filled new experiences, rafter ball, sock fights, masks made from scotch tape, peach baskets, teatherball, roundup and of course forums.67 six weeks Narrowsburg Unit 1 bunk 10. I think this is where Spider enters the picture and adds a good deal, to the already growing pre pubescent wild streak. Garbage cans filled with water rigged over the door for our counselors. Water fights with our rivals in bunk 9, rafter ball games that would wake up the bats and one special bat we mounted and displayed at a round up. 68 six weeks Narrowsburg Unit 2 bunk 31 but dont hold me to it. The summer of love yes we discovered that the girls of bunk. And we discovered if we are lucky and our counselor likes their counselor we could plan socials and then the co-ed sleep outs. I remember asking our councilor, if he could give us dance lessons so we would look cool when we asked the girls from bunk 21 dance at the social. Now we were into the Wel-Met experience, sleep outs, socials, hikes to beaver dam with cheese, tomato and mustard sandwiches. Then there was the exciting trip to the cook out shack with our peach basket and stick, to pick up the food for the cook out. We learned how to make our knuckles bleed playing GA-GA on the concrete floor of the new pavilion, lash Lean-toos, cook chicken in foil and the importance of birch bark when building a one-match fire. To this day I know I can build a fire with the best of them, box fire, teepee, you name I can build it, I went to Wel-Met. I think this was the summer they build the new dam at the end of the lake and we could explore the campsites on the other side of the lake. I think we used to find a spot at the begging of the summer and mark it with the famous Wel-Met twine. The friendships grew tight and we didnt want to leave. 69 unit three, Rain, Rain, Rain so much they took our clothes to the laundry to dry them out, even showed a movie, anybody remember the name? had to jack up the bunks to get out of the water Listened to the moon landing and the all star game on an am radio.70 unit four, Alec shows up with weights and Tussy, when the lights went out, the fun began. Woke up to the fish cheer coming from unit five every morning and Alec taught us the words to Arlo and Fuggs songs. 71 unit 5 the relationships were getting more serious and things were starting to happen. Alec and Amy did their best to be John and Yoko with their own Bed- in72 Pioneers - we had arrived and so had the POT, Ivan S. tried to be Dr Feelgood and everyone who was in the Pioneer dining room, that night when, we were told, you will have to call your parents, remembers how well that went. I remember Bruce S. almost killed someone, and it took Alec, Moose and Gary to hold him back. Then the warm up for the western trip, Tanglewood, we bought booze and somebody got sick in the bushes, I think it was Pip. Not the smoothest summer, but a lot of fun.73 western trip 2 I cant believe its 30 years since that bunch of longhaired wana be hippies took part in the bucket brigade in Ohio on the 4th of July. and of course it wasnt just the men , the women had to try too. Well I guess now is as good a time as any to apologize for subjecting you all to six straight weeks of solid DEAD tapes, its no wonder you didnt kill me. Who can forget Paul in the barbershop and how bad that bus smelled until Kevin and some guys cleaned it? Garf, how we use get extra sleep by having only one person take the tent down on top of us, was that my idea or your Garf? Phil and Seth, did we ever get the words to the Dead songs right? How bout the plants we picked thinking it was pot and the shit I ate at the bottom of the Grand Canyon and almost died walking back up. Spider if you didnt come back to take my pack, I might be still crawling up, I owe you to this day. I Took lots of slides and I think I can post some of them. Wow to be fifteen again.74 the Sliverlake kitchen living in Green Acres with Bruce S , Bob Jackson, Marty and his Dodge Dart, this was the end of the road. Dan-la bars, park bar, the bus rides to Monticello, it was a different experience being on the other side and the view from inside the dishwasher was not pleasant. Got a ride from some staff and went to see the dead at Roosevelt Stadium, what a great decision that was. If you are out there I would love to say thanks for the ride.Then it ended and I lost track of everyone, I went to Boston 75-80, lived in NYC 80-84 Minneapolis, 84 -??? I have long searched for some alumni web site and now here it is. Mike you are a saint. So I would love to hear from any of you, its hard to believe its been 30 years. David Fried71103

Name: David Fried

Email: dfried1@msn.com

City: Minneapolis

State: mn

Message: Anyone know what happened to 1970 Western Trip 1 campers: Barbara Grable, Lisa Katz, Donna Mayer, Norma Silverman, Ed Gutman, Charlie Kaplan, Jesse Matuson, Barbara Mermell, Tammis Miller, Howard Gruenspecht, Wendy Rapport and Donna Peltz

Message: Would enjoy hearing form campers andor counselors from Narrowsburg ---summers of 1959, 1960 and 1961.

Name: Richard Berman

Email: ribrib60@hotmail.com

City: Henderson

State: NV

Message: Anyone knows what happened to Richie Levine, Andy Anchor, Steven Cohen and Steve Benjamin 1970 Western Trip 1

Message: Marty Eichel: Hey there. I remember that guy who shaved his head... I also remember us "kitchen guys" getting in lots of trouble for that one. I support trading systems at a commodities exchange, and, the other day 5 brokers were bored and all shaved their heads on the trading floor! My how things have changed. Hope all is well Warren.

Name: Warren Feuer

Email: wfeuer@nybot.com

City: Plainview

Message: Saw this article years ago:Chicken Serial Killer ApprehendedJuly 25, 1978-Omaha, NebraskaMrs. Clair Jensby was arrested yesterday and held in the Superior, Nebraskajail pending a hearing on accusations raised against her regarding a longstring of ritualistic chickens killings. It was reported that, up until1977, she entertained many of children by decapitating chickens on herfarm. Photographic evidence was obtained by the local town sheriffsoffice from various, undisclosed sources.Charges were filed by the ASPCA and other anti- animal cruelty advocates.A search of the residence yielded one, very sharp kitchen knife believed tobe the weapon and additional evidence was gathered from her freezer.Sheriff Smith described the gathering of evidence as a gruesome process,this must have been going on for some time. For someone to do this tothe poor chickens and to have others photograph the crime, is justoutrageous. He was quoted as saying. Assistant sheriffs were seen, ashenfaced, leaving the Jensby Farm.Mrs. Jensby was quoted as saying, Where the hell did those kids thinkchicken came from anyway, when confronted with the evidence she said,Yeah, I did it and it was very tasty. Leading some to believe that shelater ate her victims. Bail has not yet been set.

Name: Rocky Rococco

Email: Stoneygate@netscape.com

Message: Geez..talk about memory lane..this is a very long walk! My brother told me about this web site..I have only gotten through 12 of it but would love to hear from some of the oldies! I was in Narrowsburg in 55 probably unit 1 and then barrysville from 56 to 61..62 Yellowstone trip thats what we called it then..on the second trip with Marilyn and her husband as the leaders..was a TAC when the program was just starting, counselor in unit 2 in narrowsburg in 65...now living in NJ but will NEVER forget Wel-Met!!! Is Andrea around anywhere...you gave me a gold charm of the US for my sweet16??? Karen Sevell, I am going to try and email you since your name definitely shakes the cobwebs a little! Enjoy the reunion

Name: Su Susan Fried Wolin

Email: swolin@globalindemins.com

City: Holmdel

Message: Narrowsburg Division Unit 1 thru Western Trip 1 1964-1970 Cookout Shack Summer 1970 Barrysville Cookout Shack Summer 1971 Narrowsburg

Message: Narrowsburg DivisionUnit 1 thru Western Trip 1 1964- 1970Cookout Shack Summer 1970 BarrysvilleCookout Shack Summer 1971 Narrowsburg

Message: HELLO FELLOW CAMPERS:I RECEIVED A CALL TODAY FROM DAVID GOLDMAN, WHO SHARED A BUNK WITH ME AND A GROUP OF MISFITS WHO I HAVENT THOUGHT ABOUT FOR A LONG TIME.OUR COUNSELOR WAS JARAD...WE HAD A BUNKMATE WHO FRAKED OUT OVER JELLO SHAKING...ONE WHO SAID JELLYROLL FUNNY...WE LOVED THE FEEL OF SALAMANDERS CRAWLING UP OUR ARMS,AND EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE SQUEEZED THEM TOO HARD AND UNFORTUNATELY KILLED THE LITTLE SUCKERS.FROGS AND THAT MOAT OF A LAKE...RAGING TESTOSTERONE...MY FIRST FRENCH KISS AT THE VOLLYBALL COURTI WISH I REMEMBERED THE GIRL WHO WAS SO BENEFICIAL IN MY GROWTH SPURTCHEESE AND TOMATOE SANDWICHES ON FRESH WONDERBREAD...DRINKING LIQUID TO THIS DAY THAT I SWEAR WAS RECYCLED FROM WORLD WAR TWO.MEATBALLS THAT I STILL HAVENT DIGESTED...AND WONDERFUL MEMORIES.

Name: STEVEN OBERDORFER

Email: ORBIE12000@YAHOO.COM

City: FOREST HILLS

Message: Just went through my pix from 1971 Trip 4. Watch this space for photos coming up soon. Have to make the slides into prints first. So many memories. Suzi Langer, Randi Hochberg, Richie Cohen, and the rest of you - we were all so young then. Actually - you are still so young in my mind! My daughter is 15 now. I try to see her as a camper on our trip. OMG! as they say. Its been great seeing posts from so many people who worked at camp when I was there, too. Narrowsburg 1968: Unit 3 PA -Amy Brenner was the Unit Clerk, Eddie Fisher was the UD. My love of the summer was Sol Haberman - a counselor in Unit 5. We got married, did the Western Trip in 71, divorced in 72. I believe hes out in San Francisco. I was Pioneer PA in Barryville in 73, another Western Trip in 74, then back to Narrowsberg in 75, Silver Lake in 76 - I think. I think my staff summers were even more incredible than my camper ones. Hope to make it to the day at camp in August. Hope to see many of you.

Message: Its been a while-just checking in to see in anyone who might remember me has joined on. I always went for 3 weeks- from 1958-1965-all 3 divisions-western trip in 66 with toms of pics to share, counselor in Narrowsburg in 68. I have so many memories and long lost loves of my life Id like to catch up with.

Name: Leslye Cooky Adelman

Email: momof3inla@adelphia.net

City: Sherman Oaks

Message: Well, the only bad thing about this FANTASTIC website is that after a lifetime of very friendly family relations, I must stop speaking to my brother Steven Garfinkel -- who apparently has known about it for months without telling me! And to think of all the shmooze time I wasted on him!!I started at Narrowsburg for the 3-week session in 1962, at the age of 9, and continued every year until the 1968 Western Trip, led by Sid Dinerstein. Then I was a TAC in 1969, under the wise and brilliant counsel of George Getzel has anybody heard from him? On the way to work at the Sullivan County Old Age Home, we got stuck for the entire day in Woodstock traffic, and spent the day hanging out the bus windows, feeling the love under threat of death if we left the bus. Then I was a unit IV counselor in Narrowsburg in 1970 working for the amazing Jerry Frain, and a Silver Lake Pioneer counselor in 1971 --what happened to Freddie Newdom?Theres a certain yearning smell -- a mixture of pine and dusk -- that still makes me feel a tiny bit homesick andor ready to make out with whomever passes by. Thats camp for you. THANK you for this great site.

Name: Nancy Garfinkel

Email: nanagarfin@aol.com

Message: Well, the only bad thing about this FANTASTIC website is that after a lifetime of very friendly family relations, I must stop speaking to my brother Steven Garfinkel -- who apparently has known about it for months without telling me! And to think of all the shmooze time I wasted on him!!I started at Narrowsburg for the 3-week session in 1962, at the age of 9, and continued every year until the 1968 Western Trip, led by Sid Dinerstein. Then I was a TAC in 1969, under the wise and brilliant counsel of George Getzel has anybody heard from him? On the way to work at the Sullivan County Old Age Home, we got stuck for the entire day in Woodstock traffic, and spent the day hanging out the bus windows, feeling the love under threat of death if we left the bus. Then I was a unit IV counselor in Narrowsburg in 1970 working for the amazing Jerry Frain, and a Silver Lake Pioneer counselor in 1971 --what happened to Freddie Newdom?Theres a certain yearning smell -- a mixture of pine and dusk -- that still makes me feel a tiny bit homesick andor ready to make out with whomever passes by. Thats camp for you. THANK you for this great site.

Name: Nancy Garfinkel

Email: nanagarfin@aol.com

Message: I have a clear vision of Al Breen, in Narrowsburgh pioneers in 1965, putting his finger on the top of the tent during the rain. Yes, it does create a path for the water. It was so cool that we all did it. Al, how are you? Any word on Jono? I also remember Ned Kirsch including seeing him during the anti-draft demonstrations at Brooklyn College during the fall of 1967.

Name: Jay Neveloff

Email: jneveloff@kramerlevin.com

City: Briarcliff Manor

Message: I was at Narrowsberg summer of 1961 age 8, and Barryvillethe summers of 1962, 63, and 64, six weeks each time. In 1963 or 64 in Barryville my bunk put on the play, Inherit the Wind, which I recall was a big hit. There was a director in Barryville with the same name as me, and I once received his mail--which I found very puzzling! I would be pleased to hear from any contemporaneous camper or counselor.

Name: Richard Steinberg

Email: r.steinberg@jims.cam.ac.uk

City: Cambridge

State: ENGLAND

Message: I was a three-weeker Narrowsburg 63-65, Western Trip 66,kitchen 67-68. Wel-Met history question: I had been toldthat the original Pioneers area was beyond Unit 4. Anyoneelse hear this? Also when and why was Pioneer Hill movedagain I believe sometime in the late 60s? It used to be upbehind the admin building. Also, is anyone in touch withGlenn Conway? he was at Barryville in the early-mid 60s andwas on my Western Trip in 66. He was from the Bronx andlast I heard was in Suffolk County. 7503

Name: David Goldman

Email: DavidG@DavidGoldman.com

City: Croton on Hudson

Message: where are all of you who were on the WT77, pioneers76...ive been down here in the heat wondering about you. get i touch with me.nina

Name: nina pearlman yeckes

Email: myeckes@aol.com

City: hollywood

Message: where are all of you who were on the WT77, pioneers76...ive been down here in the heat wondering about you. get i touch with me.nina

Name: nina pearlman yeckes

Email: myeckes@aol.com

City: hollywood

Message: July 4th was the first big night of a Wel-Met summer. At Narrowsburg, there was always an evening bonfire on the ball field to welcome the summer in. It was the first opportunity to hang with the people youd be spending the summer with - opportunity and dread in equal proportion. The lake was still cold, but after the city heat, we stuck toe and eventually, whole bodies in. Ah, to be there now ! Wishing a wonderful holiday weekend to all of you and your families. Eddie

Name: Eddie Karp

Email: karpen123@aol.com

City: Cold Spring

Message: Amy, if you and Amy B were on Trip 2 I guess I was also...and all these years I was thinking we were all on Trip 3! Wish you were able to make it to the reunion but hopefully therell be another 1970 Western Trip reunion some day!

Name: Carol Potashnick

Email: carolann218@yahoo.com

City: New Hyde Park

Message: Well, Amy Brenner is right, I was on Trip 2, not Trip 3! Get confused as now the names from both trip rosters blend in my head. I loved Wel-Met but the Western Trip was definitely the defining experience of my adolescence. I dont think there are many kids today who have the opportunity to experience that sense of simultaneous exhilarating freedom, possibility & responsibility at 15. Wish that my son could have had it as well. Will not be able to make the reunion but wish you all fun & safe travels. My brother Eric Roth was also a Wel-Met camper...Western Trip in 73, I think. He is a cellist, computer nerd and dad in Northampton, MA. Fern Steinmetz & Benny Wax -- we should have a Vermont Wel-Met reunion!

Name: Amy Roth

Email: aroth@ddmhs.state.vt.us

City: So. Burlington

State: VT

Message: Cliff Weber really great to hear from you. Wel-met, Laurelton,it all seems so long ago, and yet when these kind of connections are made the time recedes and the past becomes the present. I will email you. All the best. Alan

Name: Alan Brown

Email: ambrownesquire@aol.com

City: NY

Message: I have spent two weeks since finding this website looking for my messkit which I know is in a box with my canteen. I keep getting stuck on different memories. I remember foodshopping on the western trip as being much more fun than it is now. How must have we looked to the average South Dakaton? I remember spending alot of time in Lowells hole in Barryville pioneers. Who is Lowell? I learned to play guitar in unit 3 hobbies. I played Blowing in the Wind and We Shall Overcome for three years. I think my favorite memory is the smell of the grass early in the morning when it was still damp and cool. Sometimes I lay down on the grass in my yard and look up at the clouds and I remember the sweet summers that I was sure would never end.

Name: Sharman Mancher Regensburg

Email: Sharman@optonline.net

City: East Northport

Message: Scotteeee Gollop!!..How can I forget one of the nicest andfunniest kids that ever wore the overly starched Wel- Metunderwear..What a joy to hear from you again,man..All thoseother names you rattled off..Mark Lynn,Eddie Siven is justtaking me down this incredible nostalgia trip..If i remember correctly,Scott,you were a hell of a Ga-Ga playerand usually it was you and Josh Schwartz that were the onlyones left standing in the Ga-Ga Gladiator pit..I have to tell you that on a couple of occasions over the last 20 years or so I would be in a dark movie theatre here on LongIsland and I would hear someone call my name out..I turnaround and it would be the always smiling Dean Weber..Hewould always mention your name to me as you guys kept incontact..Great hearing from you,Pal..Scott Sobel

Name: Scott Sobel

Email: scottfilms@msn.com

City: smithtown

Message: Alan Brown: Are you from Laurelton ? I think we were in Pioneers together, Silver Lake, 65.

Message: Scott Sobel-now thats a name from the past. I was wyou for several years but when I skipped Pioneers to go directly on the Western Trip, I joined up wanother cast of Wel-Met characters.I remember Josh, Danny and Warren too. How about Eddie Sivin? I bumped into him a few times in lower Manhattan hes a lawyer, and we stayed in touch for awhile, but then lost contact. I remember that he lived in Baldwin while he was going to Wel-Met. Do you have any of the camp lists from our years? I remember that I had one for Unit V. Other all-star names from our year were Marc Lynn Valley Stream, Danny Shanker Wantagh. I cant believe that I remember some of this esoterica, but the longterm does not appear to have been too adversely affected.

Name: scott gollop

Email: scott.gollop@wcb.state.ny.us

City: Delmar

Message: Hi,My maiden name is Leslie Chandler. I attended Narrowsburg from 1961-1969.At that time I lived in The Bronx New York and then Queens New York. I would love to hear from some of my old buddies. Wel-met was a very important part of my life and I have many fond memories. I went on the Western Trip in 1968.

Name: Leslie Chandler Pruce

Email: lpruce@carolina.rr.com

City: Charlotte

State: N.C.

Message: If my math is correct, I went to Wel Met from 1961-69, all for six weeks, all at Barryville. In 1969, I was on the Western Trip. We had to go off our route coming back because Woodstock was happening...man. Other memories from the Western Trip: Watching the man landing and walking on the moon in Amarillo, TX, and that lady who hid her child behind her back in Alva, OK so she would be exposed to me, the long-haired hippie.What an amazing feeling it was to see this home page with its mention of ga ga and Czechoslavakia boom si boom Lets get the rhythm of the hands 123.... I also remember hikes to the Meatball Monument called Minisink, singing Paparelli starched my underwear, playing Benny Southstreet in Unit 5s Guys and Dolls my singular theatrial achievement to date and playing Do you Trust Me behind the Unit 5 latrine.If anyone remembers me, please be in touch. Meanwhile, Ill get to the attic soon and dig out my western trip slides and artifacts.Stew

Name: Stewart Koenig

Email: stew@koenig-adpr.com

City: Syracuse

Message: Does anyone remember the hikes to The Big Inch? Where did that name come from?

Name: Alan Brown

Email: ambrownesquire@aol.com

City: NYC

Message: Paul B.. My daughter is a jr.consuler for the seniors and my son is upper camper ... Tyler Hill is a country club compared to Wel-Met. Regards to your family.

Name: Cevin Bryerman

Email: csb6551@aol.com

City: melville

Message: Wow, to see these pictures I got goosebumps, I have great pictures from 74 western trip four, how bout Paul in the barbershop. I live in Minneapolis and have for the last 17 years. But I am always up for a game of Ga -Ga.I would love to hear from all and any of youDavid I still listen to the dead

Name: David Fried

Email: Dfried@thinkgreer.com

City: Minneapolis

State: MN

Message: Joan --- my folks are still in Plainview. Maybe they and your folks should get together for a reunion. Only a five- minute drive. My sister Claudia has a posting somewhere in here - she should have her email address attached. Yes, I know I should have it memorized but theres so much my gray matter can retain. Reunion is at The Nevele Hotel around Aug 15. Cevin B -- my nephew, Samuel Goldberg, around 10 years-old, is going to Tyler Hill Camp. Hes Pams kid. This is his first year. Maybe your daughter and Sammie can say hello. The current owners of the Narrowsburg property are very hospitable to Wel-Met alumni. They will let you walk around and check out the old digs as long as you do not get too close to the waterfront when the campers an all girls hasidic camp are there. Must be something in the talmud prohibiting close visual contact of hasidic girls or women in bathing suits. Ive learned not to shake the hands of hasidic women at work when I greet them -- or their spouses-- so I suppose seeing them at the lake is real taboo. Enjoy the trip to Narrowsburg if you make it. July 1 2003. pb.

Name: paul basuk

Email: pmbasuk@nyc.rr.com

City: NY

Message: I attended Narrowsburgh from 1966 to 1969 Units 2 thru 5.The memories are comming back to me in a big way..I remember Nurse Cherry and how a few of us would complain of toothaches so we could get a trip into town.The plan worked out well until you had to actually sit in that Dentists chair while he was poking around for cavities..Does anyone remember the soda machine in Birch Lodge and how we attempted to steal Doctor Peppers by inserting our little hands down the soda chute and pulling up a can.. And who can ever forget the delicious creme filled chocolate cake that was included in the peach basket of food that we hauled on camping trips..If they are out there, I would like to say hello to Joshua Schwartz who was this big red headed kid with a perpetualsmile on his face..Warren Caplan who could hit and fieldsoftballs like nobody else and Danny Yaffee who would lay in his bunk at night and unabashedly jerked off withreckless abandon..Ive been thinking of you guys for over30 years and hopefully we will find each other again on this terrific website.. scott sobel

Name: Scott Sobel

Email: scottfilms@msn.com

City: Smithtown

Message: Paul,Hi! I am alive and well living in Ohio. Have been here for 20 years. My parents still live in Hicksville. I was boat girl when you were the sailing guru. Shared a tent with Roz and Jerry Garcia! How is your sister Claudia? Where is she, whats here e-mail. We had many fine times at the Weinrebs. Does ANYONE know the details of the reunion in August? Dates, time, location. Please post. It appears that a few people, besides me have some questions. thanks. Im going to do my best to get there. joan

Name: Joan Shikowitz

Email: sunsport56@hotmail.com

City: Columbus

State: OH

Message: After contacting a few familiar names from this bulletin board, my camp history is actually falling into place, thanks all. Seems I was on Trip 3 in 1969. Can now recall listening to soundtrack of Hair and entire bus knowing every word by heart - what were we thinking, alas no game boys in site. One field we set up camp in was completely infested with grasshoppers so they told us, in retrospect we spent that night shacked up with thousands of locusts, yuck. Amazing how much tolerance I had in those days for chiggers, scorpions, spiders and such - today a visiting roach sends me packing..Ive changed. Can also remember my Unit 3 counselor reading us Dalton Trumbos Johnny Get your Gun as our bedtime story over the course of the summer. Same summer singing: Where Have all the flowers Gone, Hiroshima, Washington at Valley Forge and who can forget how there were absolutely no no-smoking rules. I think my counselor had a cigarette in her mouth all summer. AMAZING or am I dreaming. How did Missy and I manage to build our ranger latrine in full view of hiking trail, so that when were hanging on it literally we were also shooting moons to all who happened by honestly, rolling in the leaves in near hysteria is so vivid. Did they really tell us it was okay to clean pots and pans with leaves and stones? How about those Jerry Jugs? See, I knew it would all flood back. But the absolute best memory to date would have to be waking on a gorgeous, clear fresh smelling morning and filling up that cold metal basin of water and washing up in Pioneers. A truly spectacular moment in time even though we were responsible for own laundry that summer as well. Remember wringing out freezing cold blue jean? labels unknown at the time. I could go on and on - somebody stop me. I think Ill make this my project for the summer of 2003 so Ill be back when the memories restore themselves. ON a more somber note, I too deeply mourned the passing of that gorgeous redhead Jay Magazine. Saw his obit in the NY times coverage after 911 and weeped. He was a funny ass guy with an amazing smile and the best auburn afro around. Well miss you Jay.

Name: myndibernard

City: NewYork

Message: When my brother, who did not go to Wel-Met, told me about this web site I just had to put my two cents in. I attended the camp in Narrowsburg for the summers of 57,58, and 59. Pioneers in 58 and the trip to Yellowstone in 59. Every once in a while I look at these very small black and white photos. Would like to know if Roy Hertzbach or Sharon Ringleheim are anywhere to be found. My nickname while I was at camp was Randy. If anyone remembers me Id love to here from you. My sister Carol Silver also went there and from what I remember she caused quite a bit of trouble.

Name: Ronnie Beth Silver

Email: ronniesilver1945@yahoo.com

City: Franklin

Message: Dates attended are a bit foggy, but think 64 - 70. I was at Barryville, Narrowsburg and Silverlake. We built new Pioneer site one summer at Silverlake. It was awesome. Also, spent one summer as candystriper at Liberty Nursing Home and worked with retarded children in Monticello. Funniest moments were on Western Trip with Charlie Fishler, Missy Donner. Missy peeing on Bright Angel Trail, and all of us drying out hand picked weed in socks out the window of the bus. We returned to camp as Woodstock festival was in full swing and begged to detour to no avail. Can remember ranger camping as though it was yesterday, but cant remember dates. living in NYC, married with 13 year old daughter. Still having time of my life.

Name: Myndi Eisner Bernard

City: New YOrk

Message: I was at Wel-MetNarrowsburgfrom 1964 - 1972 including Unit I - 2 years, Unit 2, Unit 4 skipped Unit 3, Unit 5, Pioneers 1970, Western Trip 2, I believe 1971 and Boat Girl at Silver Lake - 1972. My brother, also a Wel-Met alum, told me about this site and I saw pictures which had to be from my year in Pioneers. Very cool.I have great memories of Wel-Met and as summer approaches wish I can do camp again. I am amazed after reading just a few of the messages that so many people remember their bunk number. I thought it was good that I remembered my units. Some names sound familiar but I have no idea if I know any of these former campers. Thank you to whoever set this up. It brings up so many great memories.

Name: Sheri Elowsky

Email: Sheri@sherwynnfinancial.com

City: Los Angeles

Message: I am taking a trip to drop off my daughter at Tyler Hill Camp in PA. I always pass the sign to Narrowsburg. Does anyone have directions from Route 17?

City: Melville

Message: Narrowsburg camper 1964-1969, Western Trip 1 1970, Narrowsburg waterfront 1971-1977 and a final 2 or was it 3 week stint at Silver Lake in 1978 - could have been 1977 - going solo at the waterfront for the Queens branch of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children who were leasing Silver Lake that summer. Got that job wearing my Wel-Met shirt at a local mall on spring break where the SPCC director bumped into me and subsequently offered me the job. I might add that the inhospitable welcome given by Narrowsburg administration to the staff and campers of the SPCC that summer was yet another reminder how life at Wel-Met had changed over the years -- rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. When did Wel-Met finally close its doors?? ANYHOW... recalling my camper years and crossing over to staff years reading postings from Melanie Katzman, Julie Light, Dave Eidler, Dave Sarner, Debbie Nodiff, Hank Collins, Carol Potashnick... Roz Guterman and I must have been boat boy and boat girl the summer of 1971 although at some point I transitioned to sailing counselor when the sailing guy bolted from camp... I recall those lonely boat trips around the perimeter of the lake dripping gallons of algaecide into the lake to ward off the green slime. Where was the EPA when I really needed them? Joan Shikowitz boat girl in 1972 and where is Brad Oser these days? Mike Ociacovski writing from Florida but still trying to forget the day when he and Steve Fried let loose all the boats at the Narrowsburg Camp probably in a tequila-soaked drunken frenzy leading me to incorrectly assume it was Al Maxmans kid who did the dasdardly deed. Mike, I think it was you who stepped into the lake to grab one of the boats only to end up with a leech stuck to your foot. Water snakes, snapping turtles, biting fish -- all in a days swim. Speaking of tequila, Mike, why do I think back to the Bend n Elbow in Monticello and the 25 cent shots of tequila every time I go near a margarita? The younger trainees at work dare me to shoot shots with them as I recall those Thursday nights in Monticello. Deja vous all over again. This website is a great idea and the credit goes to Mike A. I am unable to make the reunion. Sunday traveling on Route 17B rivals Route 27 going west from the Hamptons to the City on a Sunday. Riders beware. I have visited camp several times over the past 20 years. Surprisingly little has changed. And the lake is still a mess.

Name: Paul Basuk

Email: pmbasuk@nyc.rr.com

Message: Ira Fader, I cant thank you enough for putting me back in touch with my very dear friends March Hirsch and Gerry Rothschild. Although the three of us are living in different parts of the country, we have managed some visits and are planning more. You are my hero!

Message: Camper on 1971 Western trip. Then AAA Barryville till it closed. Moved onto Silver Lake AA, then Narrowsberg and the Barn. So many great memories and friendships. Getting up to camp early and working with the year round staff and kitchen staff getting the place ready. Maintaince: Don Main, Leon, Shag and then Mark Rothstein. The kitchen with Scott Cohen, Ralp, Ray Hershbain. Then some great directors: Dick Steinberg, Al Maxman. I learned at camp that just because you call it work it does not have to be hard or something you do not want to do. The lake at Barryville was the best. On my desk I keep a photo of the lake, the trees reflecting in the water...no people, smooth and glass like water on a beautiful evening. When you swallowed some water it tasted fine, NOT like the ocean or a pool. I still love lakes and canoes.Thanks Mike for putting the site together.I think of staff parties everynight at Park Bar or the Spa in the Spay. Doing laundry we were staff no more paparelli, I still have one last bag I use for my laundryMaking night time milk runs and running the canteen for the staff without cars. Getting a parking spot on camp grounds and by coming to camp early getting a good choice for a bunk Green Acres anyone or Birch lodge, first year in kitchen quad at barryville who was that guy who wanted us to shave his head...then Dick called us in to make sure we did not do it to him?I could keep writing for hours, the summers at camp made up for the years a school

Name: Martin Eichel

Email: MartinE929@aol.com

Message: A Wel-Met story... Theer are so many. How about Nurse Cherry in Narrowsburg and the little homesick kids would come in and she would prescribe MOM for them. And they would go MOM, how nice. Then she would take out her bottle of Milk of Magnesia - a laxative and they were not so happy.Someone mentioned 1969 and all of the rain. I remember the lake at Narrowsburg got so high that it overflowed and the Unit 5 arts and crafts shed-shack was under water.Finally to all the Triple AAAs and Double AAs, how can we not thank Wel-Met for teaching us to drive and letting us beat up their trucks and cars instaed of our parents.Mitch

Name: Mitch Edelstein

Email: mitch_edelstein@yahoo.com

City: Bethesda

State: MD

Message: Hi Fellow Campers: Im a graduate of Narrowsberg 1963 Unit 4through Western Trip 3 1966 and two years hard labor in the Kitchen 67, 68. An early memory was my first sit down strike singing We Shall Get Good Food, to the tune of We Shall Overcome when we were given the lunch peach basket with American Cheese, bread and what ever because we hadnt signed up for enough cookouts. Ned Kirsch, still a friend of mine was cookout boy around then. A later memory was calling a bunk back to the kitchen one evening when we discovered one of the campers maybe someone on this list had decided to pee on the floor rather than somewhere more appropriate. For those of us who graduated from the Narrowsberg Kitchen: Can you remember better quality time than Porch TIme.

Name: Alan Breen

Email: ARB48@Cornell.edu

City: Seattle

State: wa

Message: Wow-- Just as Im getting ready to ship my kids off to sleep- away this week, I discover this site. was a camper at Narrowburg circa 1970-1975. I cant remember many names, but I found a bunk picture that I had. im going to E mail the admin to see if it can get posted to the site. I do remember: Bug juice, Gorilla balls, Cropsey, the man eating snapping turtle in our lake, the shower house in Unit 1 where all of us boys climbed up the wall and were able to get a peek at the girls showering, the mud slides. What great memories. The reunion in Aug-- what year? 2003? Can someone E with details if Im not to late? Thank youLee kassler

Name: lee kassler

Message: Glad to see the site is up & running . I need my Wel-Met fix!! This is also a NY fix. I used to hang out @ Snookys in High School. Sorry I will not be @ the reunion. We will be in NYC in early Aug.

Name: fran pillersdorf

Email: Sdfran@aol.com

City: San Diego

Name: Michelle Berkowitz Dunn

Email: handbag99@aol.com

City: Morris Plains

Message: Roz,His name was Barry Charles and you are right, he stole the show! He was from Baldwin, Imperial Drive if memory serves correctly, and we all went to his Bar Mitzvah. His mom and dad bought into a Camp called Diana-Dalmaqua in Glen Spey NY, and I spent a summer there as a counselor after my tenure at Wel-Met unceremoniously expired for too much time not attending to my Boat Boy duties. Nice to see you and best regards, Brett 6-19-03

City: Safety harbor

Message: Roz - you are right.. it was Barry Charles and I do remember his bar mitzvah this is so strange given that my sons was 6 weeks ago!. It was strange when Matt my son wrote from camp to say, he was the dad in Bye Bye Birdie and his picture was on the camp web-site could you imagine us sending home pictures from wel- met to our parents! Roz - you reminded me about Ricky Baiman from Jericho - remember his bar mitzvah! Carol -- I remember being home from camp and talking to the kitchen boys on the phone about Woodstock - we had no idea!!

Name: Ilene Wasserman

Email: iwass@aol.com

City: Narberth Phila

State: PA

Message: is it a coincidence that the reunion is the weekend of august 15...wasnt that the weekend of woodstock in 1969? how appropriate!

Message: I love that photo of UNIT 3 in Barryville, I can see myBunk . My sister told me about this site yesterday.Although most of the entries are not people I know,I know the names, the places, the roads, the games,GA-GA for the person who was asking. Saddest words at camp --SCHMOOZE IS OVER. Who knew thattetherball was so important? went to Barryville, 69 -74, Western Trip 4 1975 I believe Kenny Ricken will tell me whether Im right. Kitchen Girl in 77, last year. All those years and so many friends, please write. Would love to hear from Dana Herzlich, Sue Soletsky, Debbie Hoffman, Shelley Weisinger. Love all the comments.Meatball Monument, Lackawaxen hikes, rocky mountain toast, the shady road, the lake, coed sleepouts can you imagine? Anyway - Bandel , good to hear your aliveand well in New Jersey. Hello to all!!!

Name: Jackie Mancher Jadow

Email: Jaxon61@aol.com

City: Katonah

Message: To this day I can sing all the words to the Bye Bye Birdie tunes except the one I was supposed to sing on stage as the mother. The dad was his name Barry? stole the show, but it was a good thing as I never sang a word. Ilene, did we all go to his Bar Mitzvah somewhere on LI even after he stopped going to Wel-Met? And now I remember. Brett. Finklestein. Of course. Thanks Illene for bringing it back to me. In Unit 3 - our whole bunk waited up for the panty raids - did they ever happen?? My boyfriend at the time was Paul Schapiro I think thats correct? We were the oldest girls bunk and by proximately the closest to the boys bunks. Maybe thats why we all skipped Unit 4 and went straight to V??? And as for Charlie Shane. At our 1970 30th Western Trip Reunion, several of us reiterated that Charlie Shane had been the most influential person in our lives as the UD in 1969 Silverlake pioneers. Parents disapproval to this day and all. Great site. Still wondering where all the folks I worked with in Narrowsburg 1972 and 73 are?

Name: Roz Guterman

Email: rguterman@earthlink.net

City: Ithaca

Email: lawboss76@optonline.net

Message: Sam: Yup, you and I were ther together in 1970. I recognized your kitchen boy story, because you told it almost the same way in 1970 I think. I thought the last time we saw each other was at this bike shop you were working in when we both lived in Park Slope I was on 9th between 8th & the Park. I went from Park Slope to Sheepshead Bay to Wantagh to Westchester. Where are you living ? Hows life at Corp. Counsels ? Are you coming to the reunion ?Lynn: Certainly not surprised that youre jetting off. What are you up to ?Cliff

Name: Cliff Weber

Email: lawboss76@optonline.com or cweber@hhk.com

Message: What a day! I feel like I got lost in time going back in time. I gave this website address to Alyse Unterberger a friend who I did not go to camp with who then told me I had to read it!! I did not expect to recognize so many of you!!I started in SL as a Freshman in 1965- then Narrowburg for Units 2 and 3 66 and 67 then for some reason skipped unit 4 without skipping a summer and was in Unit 5 in 68, back to SL for pioneers in 1969 yes it did rain all summer and was on WT 3 in 1970!Diane Kaplan always tells me I have a great memory but you all tirggered a movie! I remember Bye Bye Birdie in Unit 3 BRETT-- Fiddler in Unit 5 - CAROL -- LORI LERNER!! and the Dead - rain in Pioneers and the kitchen boys! -- Re Jay Magazine.... I was at a community mourning service after 9.11 and we each prayed for someone who had perished... they handed out names arbitrarily and my then 12 year old daughter got the name Jay Magazine -- I assumed it was our kitchen boy friend - Howard confirmed it... how sad. I am still in touch with another kitchen boy - Ken.. and ran into our steward Norman at a hospital conference about 15 years ago!Remember Bobbi Breitman.. she was a counselor in Unit V 1968 - she lives in Philadelphia and is a wonderful social worker,I remember while in college, Charlie Shayne our Pioneers unit head in Silver Lake came up to Ithaca to hire some counselors for the summer in a last effort to save the camp. In Ithaca at the time I think was Roz Gutterman, Paul Salon, David Eidler, Audrey Rubin, and maybe even Andy Zalman - I think Joe Zuckerman and Ken Kaitin had already graduated I remember our western trip almost drove off a cliff - after a blow out. We had a great bus driver who saved us by driving into the mountainside. I also remember not being able to go to some camp grounds in the south because our bus driver was African American. Two people on our trip were sent home for illness Gil and Julian -- Louis Faloochie..When I went to grad school in St Louis, I ran into Bob Pierce on the faculty of course - social work school He was a PA in Unit V ...Eve Schindler - Eve Ruff -- Debbie Nodiff - Roberta Rip - Jane Fradkin... I remember visiting while you were a unit clerk and hanging out with you, Ronnie Greenspan, Howard from Brooklyn? -- It is great to see all your names!!!Wel- met continues to come up in my life. I do think it deeply embedded certain values that were special and unique... So, Eve Ruff... I also think a lot about the values that Welmet instilled and think it would be great to bring that energy together! Debbie Nodiff -- Carol Potashnick I remember you in the play in Unit 5 and Brett - I can see you like it was yesterday! Roberta Rip -- and Cliff even though we were not at camp together!

Name: Ilene Wasserman

Email: iwass@aol.com

City: Narberth

Message: Hi! This is the best website experience. Thank you. I was a camper in Barryville mostly, from 1966-1971, Western Trip 5I think 1972, and TAC program 1973, counselor in Narrowsburg in 1975 and 1976 and Western Trip counselor in 1977. Things have never been the same. I am a clinical social worker in private practice on Ling Island. I am married with two children ages 14 and 5. I am busy every minute but I would love to hear from anyone from Wel-Met.

Name: Sharman Mancher Regensburg

Email: Sharman@optonline.net

City: East Northport

Message: Just finished reading all the posted messages. WOW, you guys were bad!!! Barbara, Mike called me already to thank me for introducing him to James Taylor. By the way, I think were the only Wel-Metters in Ca. Danny, how the hell are you? Janet an Jonny it was great talking to you. Jonny stop by any time youre in LA. Mike thanks again for the site, sorry it took so long and save me a hug. Lynn

Name: lynn meyer mutchnick

Email: lynn.meyer@verizon.net

City: Manhattan Beach

Message: Cliff Weber, I believe we were counsellors together in Narrowsburg Pioneers in 1970. The last time I saw you was when you came to visit me and my wife when we were living on 6th Avenue in Park Slope. It must have been somewhere between 1978 to 1983, since that was when we lived there. At the time, you were going to Brooklyn Law School and working nights as the bouncer in Snookys. I was a bicycle mechanic then and must have been impressed with your lifestyle, since I eventually gave up the bikes and went to BLS too, although I could never swing the job at Snookys. Now I work at the NYC Law Department trying to stem the litigation explosion. It would be great to hear from you when you have the chance.

Message: I was a six-week camper in Unit V in Narrowsburg in 1962, in Narrowsburg Pioneers in 1963 and on Western Trip number 1 in 1964. In 1965 I stayed away. In 1966 I was a Dishwasher in Narrowsburg, and in 1967 and 1968 I was a Pantry Boy, also in Narrowsburg. When Mr. Comby refused to make me Steward of the Narrowburg Kitchen in 1969, I became a counsellor in Unit IV in Narrowsburg. In 1970 I was a cousellor in Narrowsburg Pioneers, and in 1971 I was a counsellor on the Western Trip, but so far I cannot remember which trip I was on. I have looked at the pictures from Trips 1 and 3 of that year and neither of them are my trip, so it must have been Trip number 2. Ron Blumenfeld was the Trip Director, if that will help anyone place me. That was my last year, except for a visit a couple of years later to look at the camp and the site of Woodstock, which the camp let us take one day off for back in 1969. There are alot more things I remember, but Ill save them for another time.

Name: Sam Moriber -- -- not Werber

Message: Mike, Thanks for creating this site. Unfortunately Ill be out of the country in August but Ill be there in spirit!! Hey, Cliff. Im fine. You sound like youre doing well, as I expected. Happy belated fathers day.Lynn

Name: Lynn Meyer Mutchnick

Email: lynn.meyer3@verizon.net

City: MAnhattan Beach

Message: To my wiseass sister..Feb 7, Soccer Sat 8-12, Karate 5- 6MWF, Ice Skating Monday 4....Shall I go on. Please cast no further aspersions toward the Male Selective Memory, and oh, by the way, what did you say YOUR NAME was? heh heh

Email: docbrett@AOL.com

Message: Cliff,The reinactment of the beaning would go as follows...Lets see, Peach wont be able to throw the ball, I wont be able to see the ball, you will be the saving grace and Karp will perceive the ball as a fiery orb of flowing plasma transforming as it rotates in space. Wink WHAT AN INFIELD!

Message: Reading all these messages I became nostalgic...I dug up my special souvenir box and found lots of Wel-Met goodies...I found my list of pioneer peeps from Barryville 1966...David Karp you were a boys counselor, I dont remember my counselor at all but I see I was in tentC...Blasts from the past,,,Andy Metter,Joel Feigin,Richie DeVries,Howie Aronowitz,Harvey Lowell,Wendi Brett,Jane Corman,Joleen Hoyt, Gloria Winograd,Maddy Weinworm...etc.Also found western trip 1v 1967 roster..hello to Amy Lebnson Mitch Queller, Marc Levitt, Paula Gomberg etc.Found pics of people I dont remember too.Anyone in Unit 2 Bunk 23..Endsville Everyones names sound sooo.... familiar! jewish geographyWish there was a yearbook with everyones pics in it ..Who knew?

Name: shelley friedman lipkowitz

Email: cshel1313@aol.com

City: plainview

Message: I cant believe this website. It is too much to read in one sitting. I have to come back. I was 3 week camper at Narrowsburg from 1956 to 1959, a counselor in 1968, PA in 1969 and UD in 1970 and 1971. Actually I am not sure of thte dates without checking my old resumes.

Name: Irwin Moss

Email: IMRLMOSS@aol.com

City: Peekskill

Message: Is it just me, or does it seem like only the GUYS can remember the exact units, years, and bunk numbers of their Wel-Met years? And are these the same men who cant today remember their spouses birhtdays or kids baseball schedules?!!!

Name: susan finkelstein

Email: nothersfink@aol

City: westport

Message: I attended Wel-Met from 1970-till it closed. I was a camper and a counselor. They were truly wonderful summers.

Name: Wendy Diamond Goldberg

Email: JCCMOM28@aol.com

City: New Orleans

State: LA

Message: Cliff S., I expect to be there. Wherever it is. Cliff W., I see the answer was already posted. Unit 5, 1969. A good year. But you werent there. The answer to the trivia question is Benny Wax. I got x-rayed and we ate lunch in a real restaurant. Mmmmm. On the way there a car was tailgating us. Benny told me that he normally got rid of tailgaters by stopping short. But he wasnt going to do it this time because I was in the car. Two concussions in one day wouldntve been cool. Im thinking that we were in a beat up station wagon. Theres no way we couldve been going to the hospital on a red motorcycle, right?

Name: Jonny Levine

Email: jlevine@rochester.rr.com

City: Rochester

Message: This site has brought some incredible memories flooding back to me. I was a camper at Narrowsburg from 1970 unit4 to Pioneers in 1972. Western trip in 1973 and Kitchen boy in Silver Lake 1974. Spider,Dave, Gary any one else who might remember me,get in touch. Six weeks each summer to turn feral and the agony of our return to semi domestication.

Name: Bruce Saffran

Email: bsaff12@aol.com

City: Forest Hills

Message: Ive been reading messages for over an hour and Im amazed that everyone remembers their unit and bunk s. I cant remember what years I went to camp. Barryville for three years, Silverlake for pioneer camp and then a Western trip.Shelley Friedman is the only name I remember. Thanks for the great site it has brought back great memories.

Name: Michelle Berkowitz Dunn

Email: Handbag99@aol.com

City: Morris Plains

Message: Jonny, are you coming to reunion in August? I talked to Alterbaum yesterday by phone. We thought with me, Finkelstein, Alterbaum and Karp there, we could actually re- enact the softball accident. This time wed give you a helmet with a facemask. Though with Alterbaums arm TODAY, I think you ought to wear some other strategically placed protection. Hope to see you in August bring your glove

Name: cliff schorr

Email: clschorr@aol.com

City: Cheshire

State: CT.

Message: Softball accident happened in Unit 5--1969 I was there!! Ugly and scary!!

Name: Mark Cukierman

Email: bubsmachin@aol.com

City: Wayne

Message: Brett: Thanks. Now hes surfaced. Jon: Was the softball accident in 1968, Unit 4 ? If it was, where was I ? Cliff

Email: lawboss76@optonline.com

Message: Found out about this site from a friend of my wife and others - really cool. Me, I attended Wel Met 68-71Unit 1 Barryville in 68, Unit 1 Narrowsburg 69 - Bunk 9,Unit 2 Narrowsburg 70 - Bunk 35 and Unit 3 Narrowsburg Bunk 55. Never went onto Pioneers or Western Trip - blame it on my mom. However those 4 summers were the some of the best memories that a kid could have. First girlfriend I ever had was at Wel Met Judy Gilbert where are you? Loved the softball on the rocky fields, love eating rocky mountain toast in the morning on a sleepout still making it at home for my kids. Welsh rabbit for lunch!Would love to hear from anyone who remembered me.I work for the Walt Disney Co now, live in E. Meadow, L.I. with wife and 2 boys. Send me an e-mail!

Name: Lonnie Mitchel

Email: Lmitman@aol.com

City: East Meadow

Message: Hey Guys. I just found out about the site from Suzi Langer. Seems like no time has passed. I was at Barryville Unit 3 pioneers 1967-70. Western trip 4 and a TAC in 72 where I dated Howard Stern Howie. Im looking forward to the reunion to renew friendships that still have a very special place in my heart. Does anyone remember playing dizzy izzy. Suzi, the dogs name in Jackson was spatula.

Name: Judi Berenson Donner

Email: Donnpass@aol.com

City: Lakeview

Message: Hey..Johnny Levine..great to hear from you. Re your follow up question, going out on a limb here...was it Steve Young or Max Kleinman?Barbara, great to talk to you yesterday. And Eddie Karp, thanks for the email..hope to try to phone you this week, maybe not till weekend.

Name: Cliff Schorr

Message: Wel-Met Softball Trivia Follow Up: Who drove me to the hospital after the beaning? Hint: He has posted on this site.

Name: Jonny Levine

Email: jlevine@rochester.rr.com

City: Rochester

Message: I was a camper from 1968 to 1973 in Narrowsburg. I am 44 years old now. I was wondering if a map exists of the camp?Does anyone know where I could find a map?I remember a secret passage way in the wooded area, behind Unit One. If you followed this passage, climbed over rocks and over a bridge, you would eventually cross a highway and come upon a blueberry field. Does anyone remember this?I remember a dilapidated old house on the outskirts of camp.Counselors told us the house used to belonged to a character named Cropsey Maniac who wandered into the camp and decapited the heads of several campers when it was a Boys Scouts camp. Does anyone remember this??I remember the bunks in Unit Five were just like the bunks in Units Three and Four, but they only had part of a fourth wall. Does anyone have a picture of this???I remember playing a game like dodge ball in the Pavillion building in Unit One in the summer of 1969. We tilted a whole bunch of wooden benches over their side enclosing evryone inside a circle. The ball had to stay on the ground. Does anyone remember this??

Name: Jay Shmulewitz

Email: shmule@earthlink.net

Message: I was in Bunk 1 in 1960 and went every summer through Pioneers in 1967. Anyone from then remember me?

Name: Lynn Sims

Email: lynn.jacobs@msnyuhealth.org

Message: Cliff, area code was changed to 585, Number is correct. Brett

Message: Cliff- Johhny Levine was in Rochester NY last I heard. 716- 288-9074. But that goes back probably 6 or 7 years ago. Wifes name is Barb. We were in touch for a very long time but just kinda stopped for one reason or another. Give him a holler.I know he would love hearing from you. Brett 6-9-03

Message: In my previous message, a gopher should be seen in parentheses and 23 should be read as two-thirds. Next time, I guess Ill have to RTFM!

Name: Mark Rothstein

Email: markr@snet.net

City: new london

Message: Jayne, hi. I was an AAA a gopher in Bville that summer, and yes, I do remember that guy. He would come into the adminstration office every day and leave his attache case behind the switchboard before each meal and pick it up after the meal. If I remember correctly, he was hired about 23 or the way into the season as a replacement counselor. I think he was some variant of a bag lady.

Name: Mark Rothstein

Email: markr@snet.net

City: New London

Email: LAWBOSS76@OPTONLINE.NET

Message: Narrowsburg - Unit 4,1971 Pioneer,1973 Cross Country Trip 4,1974Neil Orzech referred me to this site. Great memories. Lots of familiar names. 30 years? No way. Moved to NM in 1979, but still remember the old camp days. The Western Trip introduced me to this part of the country. Its hard to visit places like the Santa Fe Plaza and the Four Corners Monument without picturing a hord of grubby NY teens trying to negotiate the price of a Navajo bracelet. Remember a knife-throwing game called chicken? Its a miracle no one lost a toe. I got the side of my sneaker sliced open. What were we thinking? If you remember me, I would love to hear from you. If you dont remember me, pretend you do. Itll make me feel good.Long Live Wel-Met Alumnus!!

Name: Larry Kuss

Email: LSX2@juno.com

City: Albuquerque

State: NM

Message: Cliff: Johnny Levine hit a ground ball to me at third. My throw to first was a little off-line, and the ball hit him right in the head. He collapsed and had some siezures. It took a little while for him to regain consciousness, but he did and he was fine. I can remember it like it was yesterday. Hey Johnny, what about you? Do you remember that incident? I would love to hear from you. Posted 6-7- 03.

Name: Mike Alterbaum

Email: mike_alterbaum@msn.com

City: The Woodlands

State: TX

Message: Wel-Met softball trivia question.....infield of Alterbaum at third, Finkelstein at short, yours truly at second, and Eddie Karp at first. Who was the one who beaned Johnny Levine as he was running down to first base?? I think it was Mike, but not sure. Also, does ANYONE remember Neal Zwayle, with us in Unit 5 I think. post June 7,03

State: CT.

Message: Its been great reconnecting with old friends. I have a question. Did anyone else work in Unit I at Barryville in 74? I have an odd memory I want to check out. During the 3-week session, the campers were from the South Bronx & were there on a Title I grant. I was the counselor of a MamaPoppa bunk - 8 year old boys with a male & a female counselor. My co-counselor was a guy in safari suits who carried a briefcase wherever he went. No, Im not dreaming. What was that all about? My guess is he was doing research & carried the data with him but who knows.

Name: Jayne Schachter Walco

Email: jswalco

City: Kinnelon

Message: Barryville was the place! Unit 1 1962 up to the 4th western trip 1967. Most incredible memories. Amy Lebenson was my best friend. Allan Rosen, Barry Schaeffer, Glenn Conway, Ira Schulman, and Mark Levitt some of the boyfriends I remember. Now I live vicariously through my kids camping experience. Remember roundup, lashing, bobby faust,schmooze time, and the socials the night before camp ended. Anyone out there who knows me...get back to me ASAP.

Name: Shelley Friedman Lipkowitz

Email: cshel1313@aol.com

City: Plainview

Message: David Sarner Dont know if you remember me i was friends with your brother Richard I went to JFK Bellmore. i remeber you woorking in the kitchen at camp ar aloso remeber your sister mindy i think. If i remember you had a dental office on merrick road in East Meadow.

Name: Steve Michaels

City: ny

Message: Jayne... great that you surfaced and nice to read your post. Yes, I think you are right that we did run into each other at Cafe Crocodile. For the life of me, I cannot remember the restaurant, but the memory is there. And as I read more, more comes back. Jane and Danny Fradkin - old Plainview buds - nice to see you here too. Ok, heres one - does anyone remember Ralph Weekss 70th birthday party? Would love any recollections for Im sure I blacked out at one point, having awakened the next day with masking tape all over my body. Also, if anyone can post directions to camp I think we sort of vaporized ourselves to arrive and if thats what needs to be done again, hey, Im ok with that. Would like details about the day at camp on that Sunday. Love, Jane

Name: jane goldschlager

Email: goldschlager@mindspring.com

City: Chinatown, Flushing

Message: I think I was the 30th post or so, so now 500?? posts later I think Ill chime in again. NBurg Camper 69-72, Western Trip 2 in 73.... great pics Spider.... Kitchen Staff 74-76, Counselor in 77 -....which more than likely led to the camps demise. Note to Mr. Michaels.... the Myones twins are alive and well in Bergen County, NJ. I was at Seths house for a BBQ just a couple of weekends along with Phil and their combined 5 daughters. Is that suburban or what?? Note to Leslie Barovick...So will I see you at the World Series this Year? Where ya been?? The posting on this site has been fast and furious of late and its tough to keep up when you check in every couple of weeks. I think its a great when people post the date at the end so you can pick up where you left off. So is anybody from my era going upstate? I just might show up myself and drag Garf and the twins along if I ever get my butt back to the gym. Best wishes to all. Steve Bandel..June 5th.

Name: Steve Bandel

Email: steve.bandel@am.sony.com

City: West New York

Message: hEY mIKEpeachI TOLD YOU not to worry!!!!!!!!!!!!cANT WAIT TILL aUGUST 15 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wENDY

Name: wendy wittner perrone

Email: wenwit2@aol.com

City: worcester

State: ma

Message: Its been great hearing from so many old friends. I went to LI and dug up some of my western trip pictures, journal and other memorabilia. I wont be available for that weekend, but If anyone wants to get together in NYC, Id love that, or elsewhere in closer to NYC.

Name: Debbie Nodiff

Email: dnodiff@rcn.com

City: N.Y.

State: N.Y.

Message: 2 hours later and i am still reading all of these messages.it brings back memories of the greatest summers. jusr hearing names that i havent heard or stories i forgot about. they really were the greatest of times. seeing pictures of david eidler, leslie rosen, debbie nodiff,donna mayer,etc. they should reopen camp for just one more summer.both of my kids go to camp and they are hysterical over the pictures.great website, great times!!!!

Name: davd sarner

Email: Docsarner@aol.com

City: norwood

State: nj

Message: By the way, I wasnt saying Howard Sterns -- I hate when people call him that! Its Howard Stern, of course -- the quotes dont survive the parser on this page.Same thing goes for Woody Belkin!

Name: Harris Paltrowitz

Email: harris.nyc@verizon.net

Message: Hey all,Just found this site, and I have to say that I didnt recognize ANY names on here except Howie Sterns and Woody Belkins... I was a camper at Barryville from 71-73, then on the Western Trip in 74. Like everyone else here has said, those were absolutely the BEST summers of my life... what wonderful, magical times those were.TONS of great memories. I was in Unit 23 in 71, Unit 5 in 72, the Pioneers or the Peckineers, as we called it in 73, and the Western Trip in 74. My best friends on the western trip were Larry Bryerman, Karen Wright and Margie Soletsky... the four of us continued to get together for a couple of years after the trip, but we sort of split up when college started, and Larrys family moved out to Arizona, etc.... I actually work in the same company as Karen does now, so we see each other once in a while. The four of us were front of the bus kids -- you know, the regular people who just werent as cool as the back of the bus kids... thats okay, cliques and divisions like that form all the time!Howie was one of our counselors, and he really was one of the cooler ones -- he even talked at the time about wanting to be on the radio someday. His girlfriend on the trip, Andrea, was my group leader on the trip, and all I can say is, well, she was tough! And I hated washing the friggin silverware!! Anyone else who knew me back then has GOT to write back -- I can think of many names: Harlan Domber, Janis Polishook, Janice Thomcha, Dale Cohen I met him at his house after the trip a coupla times, Mark forgot his last name -- tough guy from Elmont and many many more. Oh yeah -- Eddie Levy!! What a character... and how about Billy, who ate fives boxes of cereal in the morning and was still hungry... it goes on and on.But my favorite summer was Unit 5 in 72 -- that was the wildest! Those open bunks, where the fckin raccoons and skunks would walk in at night, raiding our garbage can... and then wed go raid the girls bunks!! Performing in Grease in the Pioneers in 73... getting those purple Tent Bum t-shirts made up for us on the trip to Massachusetts...It goes on and on. So will there be a reunion for us?? I heard that Howie was talking about it on the radio this morning, so... lets talk about it here, or just e-mail me.Harris Paltrowitz

Name: Harris Paltrowitz

Email: harris.nyc@verizon.net

Message: Thanks to all that have emailed me lately. I wish I had more time to respond to all of them individually, but a very busy schedule interferes ppor excuse, I know To those that have asked, I live in Cheshire, CT. with my wife and 2 daughters, ages 13 and 14. I am a V.P. for a large biotechnology company, which keeps me kind of busy..shuttling across the U.S. and also to Europe. I cannot believe all the people who have surfaced here...Brett, Cliff and Dean Weber, Claudia Basuk, Lee Mostel, Barbara Scheinman, Hildie, Eddie Karp,and now Jayne Schachter-- and so many others. I cant wait to see everyone at the Nevele in August. I am a definite YES for attending. I have alot of photos from the Western Trip, many of them already posted here. Mike Alterbaum, Danny Brietstein and I made a pilgrimage to Wel-Met Narrowsburg this past winter, in heavy snow. I have to say it was almost a religious experience being back there as it brought back so many great memories. Am hoping so many of us can go back there this summer when we are there in August. Amazing thing is that all in all, the place is almost as it was thirty five years ago. Thats it for now. Keep those emails coming, or leave a phone number, and Ill try to give you a call. Posted June 5,2003

Message: Richard Gordon, I remember you from Unit 5, you were in Zeksters and Levines bunk which I beleive was Bunk 96. Leeds Glicksman Hand and Factor were also in that Bunk. Second to oldest. OK, I cheated, I have the Bunk list, but admit it...you were impressed! Anyway nice to see your name pop up. Tell Helaine Seidman hi!

Message: Hi everyone from Narrowsburg and Silver lake. I went to Wel- Met from 1969-1973. I would really like to make contact with anyone who as at Narrowsburg from 1969-72. I was in unit 2,3,5twice. In 1973 I was in Pioneers at Silver lake. If you have any pictures or memories please email me. It is great to know there is a way of contacting old campers.

Name: Michele Hamilton

Email: saramarty@aol.com

City: Bronx

Message: Hi everyone. I have been trying to keep up with all the newposts and send everyone info about the reunion, but I mighthave missed a few names. Please e-mail me if you have notreceived info about the reunion. We are booking rooms rightnow and this is going to be a blast. See you in August!

Name: Laurie Kline

Email: urvashi@catskill.net

City: Hurleyville

Message: Vickie! Nice to hear from you! Isnt it fun to read all this stuff? I continue to be amazed at what people remember... although I dont remember movies during the rain, as someone alluded to. I DO remember scheduling what we euphemistically called QUIET GAMES with our favorite boys bunks in the rainy season... which was always. Vickie, scroll back to get info on the August reunion, or mail me directly. I hope youll come. Fink

Name: susan finkelstein

Email: anothersfink@aol

City: westport

Message: This is a great site! Thank you Finkie for telling me about it when we met at the antique show in Wilton. I love all of the new pictures and I am going to start searching my photos for more. I went to Narrowsburg for I dont know, many, many years all through the units. I was on the western trip in 72, trip 1. I think that it is truly amazing that we are all writing to each other about camp. It makes quite a statement. So when is this reunion? Where is it?

Name: Vickie Winkelman

Email: LittleWink@hotmail.com

City: Danbury

Message: I believe what Schwimmer and Karp are referring to was CAP or Cultural Arts Program or Presentation, Held on Friday nights.

Name: Mike Siehs

Email: msiehs@hotmail.com

Message: Craig Schwimmer asks about a program that we ritualistically my word partook in that was similar to Forum. I believe it was the Oneg. At these events we attempted to answer such socially critical questions as What is Puff the Magic Dragon really about ? We also sang Kumbaya, Blowin in the Wind, Hiroshima and other such tunes! Does anyone remember a restaurant in White Lake that was popular with staff called The Red Barn ? It had great fried chicken and I was wondering if it might still be around.

Name: Eddie Karp

Email: karpen123@aol.com

City: Cold Spring

Message: I just spent over 40 minutes reading all the postings and bringing back memories from over 30 years ago. The fact that so many Wel-Metters remember their bunk, unit and years, is extraordinary. I attended from ABOUT 1964-1969 Narrowsburg......very few of the names look familiar to me, but the showbizzer I am ..I do remember a Brett in HOW TO SUCEED and a Millstein from FIDDLER. I have been a celebrity publicist and agent for over 25 years and have lived in Los Angeles for 15 years now. The only one I have stayed in touch with after all these years is HELAINE SEIDMAN now Hunter she lives in Las Vegas and our paths have crossed thru High School and Queeens College 76 I am looking for tall RICHARD LEEDS from Long Island I think he is a lawyer and LINDA ROSEN, a girlfriend from Brooklyn I invited to my Bar-Mitzvah at Leonards of Great Neck in 1967. My memories include: trunks, camping out, cookouts, swim time, smoomoze time, bunks, mess hall, sing offs, rest period,plays, care packages, comics, getting mail call, games,visiting day, the purple throat medication and hearing about MAN LANDING ON THE MOON,ID Braclets and going steady,Logo T-shirts,and parading on stage in NYC when returning after 6 weeks to find your parents, like a cattle call, & leantoos. I think Cliff Webber was my counselor too..name sounds familiar, as do Chuck Glickstein H2Suceed, Karp?, I just wish other names looked familiar after 35 years. etc. Although Howard Stern is a year or two older, I have heard him mention Wel-Met on occassion here in LA. It was great reminising and looking back on my childhood years and the great memories of WEL-MET. I am coming to the east coast NY & Atlantic City with a client next week June 16-20 so unfortunately can not attend the reunion in August.Heres to the memories of the good times in the summer of the sixties!!!!

Name: Richard Gordon

Email: rgprpro@aol.com

City: Los Angeles

State: Ca

Message: Barryville 1966-72, Western Trip 73 Kitchen 74, Narrowsburg Kitchen 75. Wel-Met the greatest place in history. Podosky, what ever happened to Danny M., did he ever get over Nancy? Frog, the best boss I have had. Warren how is the SR5 . Rolling out the case of doughnuts a great Wel-Met moment. Fradkin, I still cannot believe you paid off the bet and took the tice with us to town for lobster in your Firebird. Garf, Seth, Phil and Bandel thanks for letting me be part of your gang in 1975, hope you are all having a great run. I speak to Siehs and Greenberg so no need to say hello.I still remember Steinberg Stadium, Saturday morning onion rolls, the worst cream cheese ever and the forum. I spent approximately 60 hours of my life sleeping through forum. Does anyone remember the name of the program similar to forum? Eric Levy has twins and Al Diamant is living in NYC. Hello to everyone else!!!!

Name: Craig Schwimmer

Email: Craigrs24@yahoo.com

Message: Wow! Hildie Ginsburg let me know about this website last week & the memories have been flooding back ever since. Thanks a million for getting this off the ground, Mike. Heres my Wel-Met history - Barryville 3-week camper 67-70, Western Trip III in 71 I have some of the identical photos in my album!, then babysitter in 72, Unit III clerk in 73 Ed Schechner was the Unit Director, Unit I counselor in 74, all at Barryville. Its amazing seeing all these names of old friends - sad to have lost touch but exciting to reconnect. Hello to Mike, Barbara, Cliff Schor, Dean Weber, Jane Goldschlager & the rest of our Western Trip. What an experience! Nobody sang & played James Taylor like Mike Alterbaum. Scott Gollop, do you still call the races? And who was practicing to be a vendor at Shea? Jane, didnt I bump into you at Cafe Crocodile a number of years ago. Hi to fellow Barryville staff like Frog, Richie Cohen, Suzi Langer. Last I heard, Randi Hochberg was living in Freehold, NJ. Remember Evelyn singing Streisand at Park Bar? I met Debbye Gitelson about 12 years ago at a kiddie birthday party & did some catching up then. With all these happy memories came some a sad one, too, Mark Silvermans tragic accident. David, we spent hours & hours talking that next summer. Talk about formative experiences...Im looking forward to hearing about the reunion plans - hope to attend. And Ill try to add photos to this site when I can I dont have a scanner. As for me, Im a clinical psychologist & live in Kinnelon, NJ now with my husband Gary & 3 kids. Wish they could have the Wel-Met experience - theres truly nothing like it.

Name: Jayne Schachter Walco

Email: jswalco@optonline.net

City: Kinnelon

Message: My family back in NY clued me into the existence of this site not long ago stupendous! Heres my Wel-Met history:I was a camper in Narrowsburg, always 6 weeks in 1963, Unit I, Bunk 11. I still remember most of the names of the guys in the bunk--Pete Bass, Howard Stern among them. 1964, Unit I, bunk 14, somehow, I was left back while some guys went to Unit II. 1965, Unit III, bunk 51 I think. Unit IV, bunk 72. Unit V, bunk 90 I think. That was the year I got kicked out of camp for possession of hard liquor which I even shared with counselors, but Dick Huey got wind of it. Reason 2 was that I got found out doing too many late night visits to Ellen Smith in her bed. Thus, I was sent into galus Ashkenazi Hebrew for Exile for Pioneers, yes, the dreaded Silver Lake, where they sent the rejects. I think I was on Trip 3 in 1969. We returned just as Woodstock was underway. In 1970, I held the honored post of Boat Boy in Barryville, which was the summer I met Jessica, who had been an old time Bviller. We worked as counselors for the next two years and did such a job that Dick Steinberg rewarded us by making us Western Trip counselors perhaps the very pinnacle of the Wel-Met heap in 1973, our last year there. We were married in late 1975 and still are. Our oldest son, Zach, just finished college at SUNY Binghampton. our middle daughter, Tali, is done with 2 years at Univ. of Colorado here in Boulder where we live. Our youngest son, Eli, will be a High School Senior next year. Perhaps the fact that would most surprize my Unit 5 drinking buddies is that in 1982 I was ordained as a Rabbi, and have worked with congregations in Virginia, Ohio and Maine since then. I came here to Boulder, CO in 1999 but will be leaving next summer. Are there any Wel-Met alumni who have ins on high pay, low work positions for a Conservative congregation? If so, let me know! rebsterdw@aol.com

Name: Doug Weber

Email: rebsterdw@aol.com

City: Boulder

State: CO

Message: Cevin, yes, Mark is our brother. I think he went to camp but not for as many years as me and my sister. We also have another sister Joyce who is older than Mark, went to camp and was a counselor on a Western Trip, I think in 1970.Suzi, whats this about a meeting in August at camp? Let me know. joan

Message: Hi to everyone from those fun, old days. I have been a music teacher and a rabbinic spouse. I am still married to the boat boy that I met in Barryville, in 1970, Doug Weber. We have 3 great kids, two in college and one about to start. Id love to hear from anyone who remembers us. I cant make the reunion being that we are in Boulder, Co, but send good wishes to all.

Name: Jessica Brodsky Weber

Email: jessiweb@aol.com

City: Boulder

State: Co

Message: Hey! Can we get a head count for who is showing up at the Nevelle? Remember, if you cant pull off the entire weekend, how bout comin up for the day at Camp at the very least? Wel-Met Sweatshirts are mandatory, and any other strange paraphanalia reminiscent of the times. Great to see the Basuks sign on. Claudia, check your E-Mail! And to my Pioneer counselor Cliff Weber, even though I gave you a hell of a hard time, you know when it was all said and done, and the dust settled, that was an ALL STAR TENT and you were indeed THE KING! Regards and warm wishes. Brett 6- 5-03

Message: Oh my. What memories are flooding back. Incredible to see references to things that I havent thought of in SUCH a long time. WelMet was such a huge influence on my life - and it is amazing to see that it was that way for so many others. I think most of the memories Ive been seeing are from years after me - I was Barryville Unit 5 in 1966 and 1967, Western Trip in 1968 and Cherokee in 1969. Does anyone else remember Cherokee? I dont know how many years it was in existence after that year, but it was one of the most important summers of my life. Im not so good at names any more - that was 34 years ago - but I remember scenes and faces that I will never forget. Living together in that old school house, communal showers, cooking our dinners together and then gathering around that big wooden table to learn beading and doll making. What a time!! I read that someone else wrote about how sad she was that she couldnt send her kids to WelMet. Thats just how I felt. They would have gotten so much out of it. I also tried to find it and saw that it was gone - that made me sadder than watching the changes to my old neighborhood! Im from Brooklyn, NY, but I currently live outside of Philadelphia. Ive been married to a great guy, Glenn Unterberger, for 28 years - even though he didnt go to WelMet!! I curently coordinate a community building grant for the Jewish Federation - back to my WelMet roots in many ways!!! Id love to hear about anyone who goes back to my era and still remembers!!

Name: Alyse Weiss Unterberger

Email: alyse@kehillatlm.com

City: Wynnewood

Message: Okay, it is 3a.m. and I am on a Wel-Met website, and yesterday I made Rocky Mountain Toast for breakfast- after I made my bed with hospital corners, and this site just makes me want to MAKE OUT BEHIND A BATHROOM!!!!This is way too lovely-hey Lisa Naishuler and Peter Goldberg-Do you want to have a sleepout in my backyard? We can look at the shooting stars in August!!Ilene Jacobs-Frog told me you remembered your old counselor...you were 10, so by now you must be 12, right???

Name: Laura Kramer

Email: LAURAMKRAMER@AOL.COM

City: Briarcliff Manor

Message: Jane, I cant believe after all these years ... It doesnt seem that long ago that we hung out in Fredonia in your apartment above the pizzaria witht the back door to nowhere!! I also dont remember when we spoke last. Was it since we moved from Buffalo to Yorktown? That was 1983. Im presently an AP at Sleepy Hollow HS in Sleepy Hollow, Westchester, NY. Im finishing up my 12th year as an AP. Before that I was a Math Teacher in the same school for 8 12 years. Theres too much to write about. We have to get together. Send me an e-mail with your phone number so you Gerry, and I can figure something out. Alan

Name: Alan Alterbaum

Email: alterbma@computer.net

City: Yorktown Hts

Message: JoanHeidi:Are you related to Mark Shikowitz... I am friends with your brother Mark and my daughter knows Lauren.

Message: This is great. My sister Heidi who was a year behind me in camp turned me on to this site. I recently got an e-mail from Suzi Langer and I could see her as if it was yesterday. I may soon not remember if I tied my shoes an hour ago, but I will always remember my years at We-Met like it was yesterday. I was a camper at Barryville starting in 1966 Unit 2 to Pioneers in 1970, Western Trip 4 1971, then worked at Narrowsburg on the waterfront in 1972 Boatgirl, then swim instructor 1973. Got mono that summer and was sent home to recover Im sure all the drinking, partying, and lateall nighters had nothing to do with getting sick. We-Met holds a special place in my heart. I grew up at camp. Two summers ago after dropping one of my nieces off at camp my sister and I went in search of Barryville. We actually found it. For those who dont know its not a camp anymore. There are no buildings. The only way we were sure we were in the right place was at the end of the big field stood the big cement posts from the pavillion. The day was almost too overwhelming. We tried to walk down paths towards units 4&5 and there were these big trees.I knew I was in the right place but where was the path. My sister pointed out that it had been over 30 years ago. My memories are so vivid. I guess 30 years is long enough for some trees to grow. Our camp is now being sectioned off as a resort community. If these people ever know what went on in their backyards!!! I still pull out my Western trip photo album to share with friends. It will never be the same if you werent there, the campgrounds, laundromats, Indian Reservation, hiking and having a snowball fight in the Grand Tetons, Mike our bus driver who had the mini bike. As for my fellow campers, Suzi, Beth, Michelle, Judi, Randi, Froggie, Richie, pete, Joel, Claudia, Sharon, Brenda, Eddie, Sorin, Robyn, I remember you all., EVERYTHING we did, from our meetings in Columbus Circle to....Hope this finds everyone happy and healthy. Would love to see you guys. be in touch. joan

Message: I am writing this message for Judi Berenson who called and asked me to do this for her...she has computer problems!! She says hello and sends love to all you guys...you know who you are...and hopes to see you up at Wel-Met on that Sun. in August...me too! As soon as she can she will post her message and I know she has tons to say!!! Its pouring out right now...imagine how muddy it would be in camp now...wed have on those green ponchos and thongs!! Didnt we watch bad copies of movies when it endlessly rained...or is that a fase memory...I think we did.

Name: Suzi Langer Schultz

Message: Dont know where to start here! It was a great thrill to see comments fromso many of my old friends. How in the world can so many important thingsbe compressed into 10 week blocks over a few years? I guess that is theWelMet experience.Benny Wax, I see you here. Do you remember teaching me to drive thestandard shift on that old, red 1947 International Pick Up Truck in 1971?Up on the clutch, down on the clutch, hit you head on the dash! Over tothe Unit One pavilion with 900 steamer trunks. Me and Mike Levine movingevery kids stuff into each bunk over three hot days! Did you ever get atrunk back damaged? Now you know why! Peter Goldberg, Mike and I were theAAA in Narrowsberg that summer. What an accident. We were on the Westerntrip 1970 Trip 5 the summer before and all ended up in the same job thenext year. For Mike it was a blessing as he was exiled by Gene Combie fromthe Kitchen right into our little group and got to share my room at BirchLodge that summer. Ben you were a wonderful guy to work for. Jack Hammeryou made me get in the car with you to chase down some nuts who drove theircar into the camp a 100mph. We caught them at Silver Lake and you wantedto beat them with bats. That was sure exciting?have you calmed down?Jane Fradkin, there you are too! My co- counselor in 1973. You were way topretty to spend your summer with a guy like me. Do you remember the timethe lake overflowed and we took those little brats to the campsite? Weforged the river through the woods only to have little Mitchell lose hisgrip and the line break. We rescued all of them while they hung onto thetree stumps and the peach basket with their shoes floated downstream. Thatwas too funny! You will always be with me.Peter Goldberg, one of the three AAAs that summer. The last time I sawyou was in NYC at the port authority as I was going home from college andran into you. We went down to your apt in Washington Square and spent theday. How about Tommy in the Rec center? We got a lot of use out of the AVequipment. Here is one for you?One of the jobs as AAA was being in chargeof the snacks that were delivered to the units after lunch. We would dothis in the Canteen. We came up with a Diabolical plan to put one moundsbar in each bag with 9 other lousy candies to see, from a sociologicalperspective, Social Darwinism at its best. Each time we delivered thosesnacks, I got a thrill. After a day or two, the admins were gettingcomplaints that fights over the snacks were breaking out in the bunks andwe needed to stop.Roberta Rippotella, Scott Cohen from our Western trip here to. Went tocollege with Neal Weiss. Stayed in touch with Mike Levine for years. Ibeen trying to get in touch with him and know he is in Colo. Been in touchwith Laura Kramer-Had a crush on her the whole summer of 70.Debbie Nodiff, saw you in 73 visiting your brother in Unit 2. Went downto Purchase with Eddie Friedman and visited you. I remember going overyour house in East Rockaway on the way to Mikes in Hewlett. I alwaysliked you! From the summer of 71 with Donna Mayer and Leslie Rosen. Onthe way to Leslies house in Stony Brook got my car impounded.Birch lodge was the best place to live. The screen doors had just theright sound. It was summer. How about Russell Edelstein and MitchKirchenbaum next door. Black Lights, The Airplane and Hendrix on the wall.The inexhaustible water pipe. Three firsts for me, got drunk, got stonedgot well,?So , here we all are, much older and wiser. But what I wouldnt give totake that walk, alone, from Silver Lake to Narrowsberg, the smell of thewoods at dusk. The sound of children playing. The hat of thedisipitating. Waking up in the morning and marching to the mess hall.There is no Chechoslovakia anymore. Nor Yugoslavia.Mitchell BernsteinE- Mail: Mitchell.Bernstein@firstdata.com

Name: Mitchell Bernstein

Email: Mitchell.bernstein@firstdata.com

Message: Never heard of Wel-Met, Barrywhat or Narrowswho until that fateful day in May 1974 when Barry M said you are hired. After that it was hide and seek with the deer in the fog at 2 a.m. Bend-N-Elbow Thursday night and who were all those little kids running around everyday? A warm hello to all who made those wonderful times special, left indelible memories and changed my life for the better, especially the entire Bausk family, RandiF, AmyZ, SteveF & the waterfront staff 74-76, although I did have to move out of state and change my name to practice law - now I am Michel Weisz.

Name: Michel Ociacovski

Email: moweiszaol.com

City: Miami

Message: Gerry... I still have your rugelach recipe from back in Buffalo in the early 70s... you know, I still think its about the best one around and I had my own wholesale bakery for a time but we didnt produce rugelach. I send you and Alan my love... and look forward to reconnecting. I dont know about the Nevele, but do plan on a hang at camp on that Sunday. Alan, what school district are you an AP in? Gerry, Mike tells me youre also teaching. And a return yo to Hildie - my tent mate on our western trip and there was no sleeping between you and Jane, Hildie - thanks, like 87 years later, for making me not feel like a complete third wheel tenting with two best friends. Ive connected with so many wonderful old friends from Plainview, Fredonia now John will be teaching my daughter at Bennington! and Barryville, Silver Lake and Narrowsburg as well as THE GARDEN OF THE GODS. Peace yall. Think about joining important online advocacy groups like NARAL and MOVEON.ORG. After all, my introduction to The Little Red Book was at Silver Lake. Remember, Alan? We were evuh so kewl. Lotsa Love, Jane

Name: jane goldschlager

Email: goldschlager@mindspring.com

City: Chinatown, Flushing

Message: The hardest part is getting started on an entry. Thanks to Jane Goldschlagers hit that motivated me to take the plunge. As two Wel-Metters who married our lives have been enriched with many camp friends and memories throughout the years. From our Buffalo days to present life in Westchester, one is never too far from bumping into someone from Wel-Met. It was however at Debbye and Hal Brandells daughters Bat Mitzvah a few years ago that brings it all into perspective. While on the dance floor the electricity went out. Not to worry .... spontaneously we formed a circle, clapping hands singing Czechoslovakia...... No one had a red playground ball, for Im sure we would have broken into a game of Ga-Ga.Thanks to all who have supported the site. Michael has put endless hours into getting it off the groundand maintaining it.

Name: Gerry Gaffen Alterbaum

Email: alterbma@computer.net

City: Yorktown Heights

Message: Leslie Barovik from Corporal Kennedy Street, look down the list some people from our years at camp Ken Sapon , spider , Steve bandel.Still looking for the Myonnis twins Ricki Sarner, Steven Fried, David Fried, but glad you found the site

Name: Steve Michaels

City: new york

Message: Does anyone remember the name of that company that used to ship and sometimes scratch up our trunks?

Message: Just made my reservations. The dates are perfect for me since I was planning a trip to the East Coast anyway. Nothing like the East coast in mid August. Here in northern CA, we have NO humidity. See you there. Anyone out there going to the reunion who went to Barryville from 1970-73 and then on Western Trip 5 in 74? Laurie

Name: Laurie Ackerman

Email: laurieackerman@hotmail.com

City: Palo Alto

Message: Mike Alterbaum told me several months ago that he was establishing this site, but I was unable to find it until my brother Dean directed me to it.........so much for my technical proficiency. This is really cool: Ive seen lots of folks I had as campers when I was a counselor and several I was a camper with, as well as siblings like the littlest Karlitz who might be able to tell us where middle sister Felice is........possibly Saratoga ? Why do I still think Lou Levitt is going to punish me ? Anyway, lets see, I was a camper Units 23 weeks and 46 weeks in Narrowsburg, Pioneers Silver Lake 6 weeks, 1965 and Western Trip 1966. Counselor Narrowsburg Unit 4 1968, Pioneers 1970, Barryvile 1972. Present: Lawyer, married, 3 kids boy girl boy, 23, 20, 14, Westchester. As to my campers: glad to see Alterbaum, Breitstein, Finklestein doing well. Looks like Eiger lives near me---Pleasantville, Im in Yorktown Heights. Wheres Muchnik ? As to my camper era, Im glad to see Al Grodin & Debby Kaplans names. Does anyone know the location of Ilissa Light She and I spent a lot of time together in Buffalo during more turbulent times. Dean andI plan to attend at the Nevele. Look forward to reconnecting. Cliff

Name: Clifford Weber

Email: lawboss76@aol.com

Message: Went to camp from 70 through 73. Amazed to find this site and its pictures. Where are all my co-campers? would love to hear fromanyoneeveryone.

Name: Leslie Barovick now Cummins

Email: l.barovick@att.net

Message: Well said..Barbara! Looking forward to seeing everyone in the Catskills in August. Am bringing my baseball glove yes, still playing, basketball, ga-ga shoes and more. Just gonna toss it all in my camp trunk and head north!See you in August.

Message: hi everyone...i look up on this sight every few weeks and have such a blast everytime. i was hoping id be looking alittle less with the warm weather and all but.....there i see old friends like dean, scott golub, jane goldschlager,froggie, suzie now suzanne langer and i break into major smiles thinking about my camp days. i can probably sing the words to every song and hope to at the reunion. I really hope all of you make the effort to come, even if its for the dayand maybe youll be having such a great time that youll crash somewhere cause you wont want to leavePlease keep spreading the word so that more and more people find out about this website and keep writing about the memories because it just warms me and im sure everyone elses heartand i hope i see you all in august. love you and thanks, hildie

Name: hildie ginsberg rader

Email: hiljoe56@aol.com

City: syosset