Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > Current Memories Forum
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
Docbrett

Send a message via AIM to Docbrett
Where Have We Gone

As light fades at the end of day, and darkness approaches, I sit quietly in thought. The shadows emerge and find their way into once well lit corners, dancing and extending their slumbering darkness all about me. And I recollect sun streaming down on fields and woodland paths. Bright mornings and the ebb and flow of voices and energies now a distant whisper. Grass grows where once footsteps tread out the well worn paths of youthful exuberance. Silence where once was laughter, quiet where once was song. The passage of time has dulled familiar routine, replaced well accepted traditions of summer passage. Slowly we slip away, fail to return to familiar haunts, mark other conquests. Silence envelops me. Closed are the great halls, no light dawns to break the eerie darkness approaching. Change. She comes without warning, and makes topsy turvy my ordered world. My friends no longer come to fill the voids left by youth's departure. Where have we all gone, where will we find ourselves tommorow at the break of a new dawn. Are all the words spoken, all the stories told, are there no memories left unspoken. Is no one left to tell tale, sing the songs, break the silence. Where can we be if not here, and why must I mourn our lost touch so deeply. Come back.
Docbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
Harvey Shiffman

Send a message via AIM to Harvey Shiffman
very well written, it has been quiet lately, in mike's memory we need another reunion. anyone interested, i'm willing to help.
Harvey Shiffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
Docbrett

Send a message via AIM to Docbrett
Thanks Harvey,

I know we are usually directed to look forward and dream about tomorrow, but sometimes in yesterdays' I find great peace of mind. It has indeed been quiet on the site of late. Too many lurkers, not enough contributors, and for me so often someone elses recollections just bring a flood of forgotten memories cascading back into my noggin. A reunion is always a terrific idea.

Brett
Docbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
redbear

Cool Where have we gone

We have all gone on to Facebook.....:, Seriously, with my daughter starting UCF in 10 days, my mind and efforts are concentrated on looking forward and keeping it together during tough times.

Kids getting older, moving into Counselor range, (even my youngest), and time seems to fly by too quickly now.

If we can get a reunion together down south here in Fla., I'll make every effort to be there.

I missed the big ones in NY because of personal obligations.

Keep smiling and enjoy the beautiful sunsets.
redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #5
Harvey Shiffman

Send a message via AIM to Harvey Shiffman
the posting bring back great memories for me too, and yes south florida would be great for a reunion!!! the wel-met group on facebook grows, but we dont have as many posters or pictures !
Harvey Shiffman is offline   Reply With Quote