Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums  

Go Back   Wel-Met Camps Memories Forums > Current Memories Forum
Memories Forum Home Quick User Guide Register Wel-Met Photos Find Other Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2005, 03:42 PM   #91
jsantin

Talking

Rosie-
Great commentary! (not so sure about some of the pictures..)
jsantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 11:09 PM   #92
Michael Ohlstein

Cool Re: Pictures

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Rosenberg
got most of them, but the site stop accepting the rest -

The amount of photo storage space allotted to each user is limited, and you've probably reached your limit.

If you like, you can send me your photos and I'll post them in the appropriate category.

Send your email contact info to mohlstein@aol.com and I'll respond with another email address to send the jpg's to.

Spider
Michael Ohlstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:47 PM   #93
Jeff Rosenberg

More pics

OK - I was finally able to get the rest of my pictures posted (they are all under the 1975 Western Trip #2 category) - I started the series with some pictures from 1973 and 1974. Another name for the trivia books: Cathy Passantino. There is a picture of an AMY at Karen Labovsky's reunion (from Unit V) - does anyone remember her last name?

Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics (if anyone actually looks at them)
Jeff Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 12:46 AM   #94
Alan Saffran

Rosie-
I was directed to this site within the past few days by my brother Bruce. He let me know of the various threads that had been started within our cohort. As everyone reading has experienced, it's amazing to see names and events that had been stored away for so long. In one evening, I've seen the names of several people with whom I attended elementary school/junior high, dozens with whom I've shared summers, and a few from my Bronx Science days. I can completely understand the inability to remember my name, as I think I was about as obscure as they came in those years.I do recall you giving me that nickname early in Unit 5, and it stuck for the next 2 summers. I never heard it after Pioneers and can't say that I really missed it. I do, however miss those summers. I remember you very well. Always outgoing, friendly and an individual. Thanks to everyone for the photos, the names and stories.
Alan Saffran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 09:03 AM   #95
Jeff Rosenberg

welcome

Hi Alan,

Glad to see you here. Sorry I didn't remember your name but to me you were always "sport". I feel honored that a nickname I dubbed stuck (one of 2, "Cubbie" Minster was the other, as he complained to the counselor about his cubbie). I remember you always read sport magazines and seemed to know everything about every sport. But don't feel bad, I don't think most people knew my real name either. I was just "Rosie" - I even got mail addressed that way - but that's a part of my youth I wouldn't want any other way.

So tell us all about yourself. Where are you living - what do you do - married - kids?? Cough it up.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:55 PM   #96
pweill

Smile

Hi you all and anyone I may have missed. Please forward this to anyone nearby NY from Wel Met. What about getting together after the reunion on Tues or Wed for lunch? I have several ideas for where to eat. Anyone interested?

1. Bonobo's 18 East 23rd St. 212 505-1200

2.Tien Garden 170 Allen St. 1 Block South of Houston 388-1364

3. Angelica's Kitchen 300East 12th St. 228- 2909 This is the most interesting to me.

4.Caravan of Dreams 405 East 6th St. 254-1613

These were my favorites according to www.happycow.com and www.vegdining.com

Hey Janet and Joyce, can you send me a quick "HI" I am looking forward to seeing you!

Trying to get a hold of Linda Watnick. Every so often we speak.

Love.
Deer/Patti
pweill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:44 PM   #97
Alan Saffran

I really regret having lost contact with almost all of the Wel-Met people. I ended up on Western Trip #1, with an all-new crowd rather than the familiar folks from Pioneers and Unit 5.Must not have made that cut. My early roots include having attended grades1-3 with Robbie Minster(PS 92Q), grades3-5, I think(PS149Q) with Janet Jupiter, and grades7-9 with Adina Kalet(IS145Q). Following Wel-Met, I was at Bronx Science with Larry Barker and some of the other Bronx guys. After that, it was Columbia for undergrad and then Med School. Following 4 years on the upper, upper West Side(Washington Hts.), spent 5 years of residency in beautiful Charlottesville, VA at the University of Virginia. Have been in practice in otolaryngology/Head&Neck Surgery(ENT) in Orlando/Winter Park for 14 years. I live in Winter Park,FL with my wife Pam, and our 3 children-Miles(9), Nathaniel"Nat"(almost7), and Ella(2). It's a very nice community and I feel as though we're part of it.

I have to give everyone a ton of credit for remembering everything and everyone in such detail. Has anyone mentioned Jeff Kramer, Stu Fishburg(?), from Unit5,Pioneers?Rosie, do you remember a guy in our bunk(Unit 5)
who loved jazz, and played the sax?Mitch?

Not sure that I can get to the reunion. My brother attended one and had a blast. I am sure that the experience would be surreal-the familiarity oozing from the grounds, easily navigating paths not traversed for 30+ years. If I can't get there, I'd love to see pictures.

Thanks to all for the opportunity to get back in touch.-
Alan
Alan Saffran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 08:55 AM   #98
Jeff Rosenberg

Sport,

That jazz guy was Mitch Kessler. I have a pic posted from an overnight we did to Barryville, of me, you, Mitch and Rob Minster - although your in the background and Mitch's back is turned
Old 04-22-2005, 05:34 PM   #99
Cbmaslow

Cool

BYE EVERYONE!!!

I'll be away and out of touch for a whole week (which seems like a long time now, but considering I've been out of touch with most of you for 30 years, I guess it really isn't that bad.)

I'll check in when I get back (or maybe at the airport...)

XOXO,
Carey
Cbmaslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:34 PM   #100
karen bohrer

Hey

Doesn't writing on this site make you feel young? Hey, Patti, your vegan community sounds very cool. I'd love to hear more about it. Am I the only Wel-Metite that became observant? My 14 year-old daughter is going to be in Pioneers at the camp that bought Wel-Met. It's now an Orthodox Jewish girls camp! Has anyone heard from Jessie Goodman or Carey Busner or Jan Lederman?
karen bohrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:17 AM   #101
Michael Ohlstein

Check out the Wel Met page on Facebook….

https://www.facebook.com/groups/23315977687/
Michael Ohlstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:58 AM   #102
Cliff Ageloff

Hi Karen

You can find Carey on FB - I texted her there and told her you were asking for her.

https://www.facebook.com/carey.maslow?fref=ts

Also click through to the FB link in the reply above
Cliff Ageloff is offline   Reply With Quote